Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on putting a 440 in my 76 Plymouth Volare Road Runner. I can get motor mounts from Schumacher, I was wondering if anyone has done this and what headers I need to use? I have removed the power brakes and the heater box has been modified. This is a power steering car also. I also have questions about fuel line size, do I need to up grade? This car had a 440 in it when I bought it 12 years ago, but the owner sold it to me as a roller. I installed a small block and have been driving it ever since. Schumacher says that the K-frame mounts need to be cut down but the previous owner did not do that. Is there a factory mount that will work? Thanks for the help!!!

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
If you still have the previous owners information, I'd suggest contacting him and see if he remembers what he did.

·
Premium Member
20,080 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Too bad you can't remember removing anything from the engine bay when you pulled the 440 out of her. Do a little bit of checking on the K member size itself, the F bodies aren't that much different than the A or E and a few others to start with, but that really isn't the issue as much as adapting the motor mounts for an RB to an LA location isnt' that difficult.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts