Registered
3,283 Posts
Must be a slow news day... :(

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
hmk123 said:
Must be a slow news day... :(
Especially considering the errors in the article...

Keep in mind, this is the same writer who said RCR will race for Dodge next year...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Terrible article (and I love Autoblog!).

No basis whatsoever...even the source, the Ward's Auto article, doesn't seem to be predict the "death of Dodge" as directly as Autoblog.

Dodge is alive and kicking...and the best is yet to come.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I think some of these groups just hope for something to go under and die. How many root for Honda to fail every month?

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
To those who understand such things, Dodge is hanging by a thread.

I said this years ago, but will patiently wait.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I have a hard time believing this and this would totally change my opinion of Marchione if he did this. I am sure he knows better. Sure, around the world the name Chrysler is probably much better known than Dodge but here in the U.S. the Dodge brand is worth a lot and well known and I would argue their bread and butter brand! At this moment Chrysler has 3 models in the U.S. while Dodge has twice as many.

·
Registered
88 Posts
hmk123 said:
I have a hard time believing this and this would totally change my opinion of Marchione if he did this. I am sure he knows better. Sure, around the world the name Chrysler is probably much better known than Dodge but here in the U.S. the Dodge brand is worth a lot and well known and I would argue their bread and butter brand! At this moment Chrysler has 3 models in the U.S. while Dodge has twice as many.
If this was an idea from one of their focus groups. They need to stop that immediatly, theyre playing with fire clearly. Is it just me or does Fiat group like the gossip?

·
2,570 Posts
Where did the dead horse emoticon go?

Give Dodge back RAM and Viper and this article is never written. Even if Dodge has a poor reputation in the focus groups, in my opinion, it would not hurt sales of the RAM or Viper. RAM and Viper would help lift the Dodge name to those who are indifferent consumers.

Dodge can be volume and performance all in one brand.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Challenger
Charger
Dart
Journey
Durango

It will look like this, if Dodge loses the minivan debate. There will be 5 cars left. Not the best line-up, but not dead, right? Did Sergio not say, that whichever one loses the minivan, the other would get a cross-over/CUV? If they keep the Grand Caravan, that would give Dodge 6 models. Give Chrysler the luxury cross-over because Dodge already has the Journey.

trumpet12345 said:
I think some of these groups just hope for something to go under and die. How many root for Honda to fail every month?
True. Chrysler is hated, in general, by the media. Quite frankly, I am tired of that BS. Gets my blood pressure surging. Tired of this new era journalism (I used that word because I cannot think of what to call it.).
I apologize if this has been beaten to death, but, do we KNOW that the midsize Dodge is finished, gone for good?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Ok, so this story has a grain of truth to it?

How is FIAT selling that story to the UAW that still owns 41% of Chrysler?

Just asking.

·
Plymouth Makes It
8,107 Posts
My guess is the gained CUV will be a regrilled Cherokee.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Dodge was supposed to be the volume brand to support Alfa Romeo. Since Volkswagen is buying Alfa Romeo, Dodge will no longer be needed in the economics of scale towards engineering and platform costs. :innocent:

·
Registered
325 Posts
patfromigh said:
Dodge was supposed to be the volume brand to support Alfa Romeo. Since Volkswagen is buying Alfa Romeo, Dodge will no longer be needed in the economics of scale towards engineering and platform costs. :innocent:
LOL.

·
Registered
2003 pt cruiser, 1969 D200, 1966 Coronet 500, 1990 LeBaron Coupe
2,028 Posts
patfromigh said:
In my mind this does not make sense. Dodge is to me Charger, Challenger and now Dart. So the only thing Alfa will share is the Dart. In no way to share with the other 2. Love to see other small performance cars in the Dodge line up, but most of us keep dreaming of a Razor, or other 1.4L-2.4L sports cars for Dodge to bring to the track to race with Honda and Mazda & canceled Pontiac & Saturn.

As for Ram, in my hart it's still Dodge.
As for SRT, in my mind it's just a performance up grade division. Viper should still be Dodge.
I wish they put as much effort into making a small affordable roadster as they do into the Viper.
There is nothing wrong with a sunny day 2 seater 1.4L 5sp manual besides a 2.0L turbo 260-300hp AWD SCCA car, or a 2.4L automatic Luxury touring version.

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
I think many of you fail to read between the lines:

Durango sales are weak. If the refresh does not result in additional sales, expect it to be axed in favor of the Grand Wagoneer.

Dart sales are weak. Do you think Fiat executives are blaming the "Alfa DNA" or the weakness of the Dodge brand?

·
Chyrsler Historical Buff!!
1,892 Posts
Erik Latranyi said:

Durango sales are weak. If the refresh does not result in additional sales, expect it to be axed in favor of the Grand Wagoneer.

Dart sales are weak. Do you think Fiat executives are blaming the "Alfa DNA" or the weakness of the Dodge brand?
Hmmm.... do I smell coffee brewing.........

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
jerseyjoe said:
My guess is the gained CUV will be an attractive Cherokee.
Fixed. lol

Erik Latranyi said:

If the Grand Wagoneer flops then who's fault is it?

Dart sales are weak because of poor advertising and packaging IMO. They advertise the GT (nee R/T) but you can only get an SXT w/SE group + Rallye group + 18" Wheels to have the exterior look like a GT OR you can get a Limited and have most of the toys of the GT. Never mind that you have to pay ~$2600 to get the 1.4T + Auto that most people seem to want, and the price advantage is all gone.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts