Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I am looking to replace the pigtail that goes to the coolant fan on an 94 ply Sundance. Dose anyone know where I can find one and Part No.
Thanks

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
stu & morpar said:
Hello
I am looking to replace the pigtail that goes to the coolant fan on an 94 ply Sundance. Dose anyone know where I can find one and Part No.
Thanks
NAPA may be your best bet. They usually have to order it from the warehouse.

EDIT: look at this one if the link works:
http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?R=ECHEC200_0334288868

It is part# ECH EC200 and is a 2 wire connector.

They also list ECH EC203 for the fan if it has a 4 wire connector (which I doubt).

·
Super Moderator
31,981 Posts
As I recall, this vintage of Chrysler product uses a connector with large barrel contacts, one male and one female in each half. Much like the connectors on the early electronic ignition distributors.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
You'd probably have a very good chance of finding one of these at a junkyard if NAPA doesn't have it. This looks a lot like many of the two-pin connections Chrysler used on these cars, like for the CTS, oil sender, etc. If you decide to go JY, even if the fan connector is missing, you may be able to find a connector that will work in one of these other locations.

·
Super Moderator
31,981 Posts
You know what, the early 80s cars were like I described and the above picture; but John Wood is right, the early 90s and later used an oval plug with female contacts and a latch - closer to the picture he posted. But it's a bigger connector than the CTS, same style.

·
Registered
11,098 Posts
The part # and picture from NAPA were obtained by using the OP's car specs (year/model) so it should work. NAPA has always been a great source of connector pigtails for many vehicle applications, but the prices on these are often the same as the dealer price. A 1994 vehicle pigtail would probably be OEM discontinued, but a few dealers may have NOS.

The only strange thing was the 2nd listing for a 4 wire connector and I'm pretty sure that is not applicable here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts