Allpar Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At least in my book...

I recently took my (relatively) new Charger R/T on a trip to Pennsylvania. I haven't filled up since returning home, but as of my the fill up before returning home I averaged 24.2 mpg for the first 1236 miles of the trip. My worst tank was 19.8 mpg which involved a lot of town/city driving and back country roads in rural PA. My best tank averaged 29.4 mpg.

The car had 4550 miles on it when I pulled into the garage Saturday. I'll know the full trip average once I fill up. I'm really happy with the mileage I achieved. My next goal is to exceed 30 mpg.

·
Registered
169 Posts
We took the family 09 Charger R/T on a road trip from Detroit to Atlanta for the Final Four and averaged close to 28mpg. Obviously almost all highway, but about half of the time we had the a/c on.

·
Registered
844 Posts
That is impressive. The best I've seen from my Challenger R/T (6-speed, therefore no MDS) so far was a bit under 26 MPG on a highway trip where I wasn't using A/C, but I did have the windows fully open most of the time. I suspect that I could pull off a 28 MPG tankful if I really tried.

·
Administrator
5,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Filled up tonight. I averaged 24.6 mpg for the last tank and 24.3 for the trip overall.

Worst tank average over 4552 miles 17.3 mpg.
Best average: 29.4 mpg

Lifetime average is 22.2 mpg, though that was brought up quite a bit by the road trip.

Not the mid 30s my brother is averaging in his Dart, but I'm pleased with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts