Allpar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another communications chief leaves FCA after a short stint.

Simon Sproule, FCA's global chief communications officer since February, is leaving “to do something different with his life and pursue other interests.”

Shawn Morgan, a 22 year veteran, will replace him.

Sproule began his stint on Feb. 3, but he hadn't yet relocated to Michigan. He came from Aston Martin, where he was VP and CMO. Sounds like he didn’t want to move his family to Michigan in times of high uncertainty.

FCA communications chief quits after 4 months

Reactions: MoparJoe

·
Administrator
35,539 Posts
Huh. I don't know Shawn Morgan. Can't blame him for not moving to Auburn Hills, I guess, and he really doesn't have to work if he was VP/CMO at Aston Martin for long enough.

I like some of the people there, but the overall culture seems defensive and passive-aggressive (and has for years). That might just be a perspective from being left out in the cold on a regular basis. I have good relationships with two brands and none at all with the other two.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Another communications chief leaves FCA after a short stint.

Simon Sproule, FCA's global chief communications officer since February, is leaving “to do something different with his life and pursue other interests.”

Shawn Morgan, a 22 year veteran, will replace him.

Sproule began his stint on Feb. 3, but he hadn't yet relocated to Michigan. He came from Aston Martin, where he was VP and CMO. Sounds like he didn’t want to move his family to Michigan in times of high uncertainty.

FCA communications chief quits after 4 months
If Shawn Morgan doesn't work out for whatever reason, there's always "The Sergio Method"...
Hire someone fresh out of University who's grateful as %^&* just to have a job:p:D

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Huh. I don't know Shawn Morgan. Can't blame him for not moving to Auburn Hills, I guess, and he really doesn't have to work if he was VP/CMO at Aston Martin for long enough.

I like some of the people there, but the overall culture seems defensive and passive-aggressive (and has for years). That might just be a perspective from being left out in the cold on a regular basis. I have good relationships with two brands and none at all with the other two.
It's been years since I've had any interaction with people there, but when I did I felt exactly the way you are describing.

·
Well-Known Jeeper
2,939 Posts
Been there 22 years eh? Did he start before or after the occupation?

·
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, is a lady. Just saw her on LinkedIn.

·
10,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They must have figured someone who has been through ChryCo/DCX/Cerberus/FCA is not going to be scared by a nasty little bug.

Either that or she was the only one they found still sitting in the marketing dept...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yeah, that's about the amount of time needed to figure out if you fit in or not. That guy will pop up elsewhere shortly I am sure...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts