Allpar Forums banner

621 - 640 of 665 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Relative to Sm’s statements about where revenue is going to be spent for new models in the coming years...

NAFTA only brands were supposed to get 25% of the UPCOMING pie.

So, in the coming five years, production and revenues are expected to rise considerably? No?

Did he say that funds for NAFTA only model developme t was going to be reduced? I don’t think he did. I think the point that was missed, was that of the LARGER pie, NAFAtA only models got 25%. For all we know, that 25% could actually be an INCREASE in money for NAFTA only stuff.

It is all in what you choose to see. I choose to see the pile of horse poop under the Christmas tree, and I start looking for my new horse. Some people just start complaining about a pile of horse poop.
I don't seem to remember Marchionne stating a particular money figure to be divided up between the "stump" brands. Also, I'm pretty sure FIAT gets included in that 25% "money pie".

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
There's a reason these brands weren't discussed. What that turns out to be? Anyone's guess at this time. One things for certain, this omission isn't doing these brands any favors sales wise.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
There's a reason these brands weren't discussed. What that turns out to be? Anyone's guess at this time. One things for certain, this omission isn't doing these brands any favors sales wise.
There is no guessing, they were very straight about what the plan is focused on, and that is the investors.
I doubt not following the last 5 year plan hurt sales and leaving out the more focused brands will not hurt sales either. When FCA was being ridiculed for changing plans with the 200 and Dart, other manufacturers are now following suit. We now know why, manufacturing lines have been redirected.
If I was an investor, I would be comforted that the main focus of the plan is focused to where most of the future growth is in the future.
FCA's new 5 year plan started 2-3 yrs ago when they saw where the trends are going and changes began. Sergio may be brash but the future is very bright for FCA.
Wil

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
current Charger and Challenger are the 2 most potent cars in Mopar history. The both define there own class in the sedan and coupe sector. There is absolutely no reason to throw a Hail Mary on those. There is ton of wisdom in a cautious approach similar to JK-JL. If the lessons learned from Alfa can be applied to the current plant capacity, build points, and manufacturing window to keep the potent affordable drivetrains it is truly the best of both worlds. ...... not sure how one can find fault it that

·
Registered
931 Posts
current Charger and Challenger are the 2 most potent cars in Mopar history. The both define there own class in the sedan sector. There is absolutely no reason to throw a Hail Mary on those. There is ton of wisdom in a cautious approach similar to JK-JL. If the lessons learned from Alfa can be applied to the current plant capacity, build points, and manufacturing window to keep the potent affordable drivetrains it is truly the best of both worlds. ...... not sure how one can find fault it that
As long as the exterior is true redesigned and the interior is right ...that was one of the mistakes GM made with the 6th Gen Camaro when it first launched exterior to casual buyer didn't change much, while GM threw the well "Mary" with the mechanics & engineering.

A "blah" looking exterior matters a lot more to sales than how well the car drives after all its an emotional purchase.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Haven't been posting much and this is why. I am die-hard MOPAR through and through and know our beloved brands will flourish if our company as a hole, FCA flourishes. I understand some of the nervousness but if you don't truly believe in the company and it's management, you will continue to be tied in knots. If that's the case, good luck to you. We have all been on a hell of a ride, I will continue to believe in this company.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
I was in deep when the company was dead... you have no idea how close it was the most likely outcome was Dodge and Chrysler assets were going to who ever wanted them and the minivan, Jeep, and ram when to 3 different companies.... Fiat was a late savior.... there is no denying the history. The rest of the statement is just uniformed Chysler got 2 entirely new high volume models with completely revised high volume manufacturing that dwarf the total implementation cost of the entire Alfa line. So while it’s everyones right to feel negative it’s not a right to rewrite history

·
The Poster Formerly Known As "Bethlumboy"
2,644 Posts
Was a "3-row Grand Cherokee" specifically mentioned, or has it just been assumed that the "E-segment 3-row" will be based on the Grand Cherokee?

There are other platforms from which an E-UV can be derived (Pacifica).

·
Jeepaholic
5,930 Posts
Was a "3-row Grand Cherokee" specifically mentioned, or has it just been assumed that the "E-segment 3-row" will be based on the Grand Cherokee?

There are other platforms from which an E-UV can be derived (Pacifica).
Mike V specifically mentioned that he thought a 3-row Grand Cherokee would be coming soon. Others here have speculated that it would be international only, but I don’t think he said that, though I might’ve missed it (perhaps because of wishful thinking?).

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Mike V specifically mentioned that he thought a 3-row Grand Cherokee would be coming soon. Others here have speculated that it would be international only, but I don’t think he said that, though I might’ve missed it (perhaps because of wishful thinking?).
That seems to be the $64 question. Could a 3 row Grand Cherokee be the next Wrangler Unlimited..?

·
Jeepaholic
5,930 Posts
That seems to be the $64 question. Could a 3 row Grand Cherokee be the next Wrangler Unlimited..?
I certainly hope so. That’s exactly the vehicle that I’ve been waiting for and wanting for a looooooooooooooooooooong time! It would make me ask, Durango who?? :D:p

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
If you think it's bad in here, you should read some of the comments on other "FCA June Meeting" follow up stories from other sites, articles, publishers, etc. Some crazy ideas out there.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
If you think it's bad in here, you should read some of the comments on other "FCA June Meeting" follow up stories from other sites, articles, publishers, etc. Some crazy ideas out there.
To which The Onion could probably run a headline like “Shocking News: Common Sense found to be not that common”.
:)

·
Jeepaholic
5,930 Posts
Yeah, people complain a lot about the level of negativity here, and I get it. Reading the comment sections in articles and forums elsewhere, I’ve come to realize that people here may not realize just how good people are here towards each other. It’s like a free for all at these other sites sometimes, full contact no holds barred. :)

Not to mention the level of sheer stupidity with the comments either. Comments here may be perceived as negative, but the comments are usually thoughtful...for the most part. (My own stupid attempts at humor notwithstanding :p)

621 - 640 of 665 Posts