Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 461 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Did Chinese automaker Dongfeng ever get around to selling its 14 % share of PSA? If not, a merged FCA-PSA entity risks being partially Chinese-owned, which would obviously be an extremely unpalatable scenario. :eek:
If they're looking for a way out like its implied from the article with bonds backed by a stock or cash, seems like FCA grabbing that share and then some might be the opportunity they're looking for.

Looking at their vehicle portfolio I could see some of these cars coming to NA. They had already expressed interest in coming to NA by 2023 or 2026 depending on your sources, seems like this would keep them from having to do it.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Yeah, heard about it on the financial news shows today.....and hearing that the GM contract w/UAW will pose the most challenge to FCA assuming the UAW sticks to the same demands.

·
Jeepaholic
5,571 Posts
Gee, I said in another thread that they might revisit this, and another poster made comments that I had no idea what I was talking about....something about my thoughts on the subject being “poopies”....hmmm, I guess I was right after all. Funny how that works.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Did Chinese automaker Dongfeng ever get around to selling its 14 % share of PSA? If not, a merged FCA-PSA entity risks being partially Chinese-owned, which would obviously be an extremely unpalatable scenario. :eek:
Thanks for bringing up this point. I thought I was the only one who was apprehensive about this particular aspect of any FCA/PSA marriage.

OH! Almost forgot...Just heard on Bloomberg News Radio this morning that PSA is to be the "acquiring entity", despite the fact that (at least at end of trading yesterday) FCA was the entity with the larger market cap.

·
Super Moderator
36,924 Posts
Thanks for bringing up this point. I thought I was the only one who was apprehensive about this particular aspect of any FCA/PSA marriage.

OH! Almost forgot...Just heard on Bloomberg News Radio this morning that PSA is to be the "acquiring entity", despite the fact that (at least at end of trading yesterday) FCA was the entity with the larger market cap.
Size doesn't necessarily matter. Plenty of smaller companies have gobble up much larger companies in the past.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Size doesn't necessarily matter. Plenty of smaller companies have gobble up much larger companies in the past.
You raise a good point.

One need only browse through the other pages of the Allpar site to know that in the 1920's, when Chrysler Corporation acquired Dodge Brothers Company, Chrysler was by far the smaller company.

1 - 20 of 461 Posts