Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
THE MAD DUCK
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • Total Sales UP .1 %
  • Jeep® Wrangler achieves record third-quarter sales of 59,035 vehicles
  • Ram brand reports record third quarter as sales jump 15 percent to 179,200 vehicles
  • Dodge Challenger reports highest third quarter with 18,031 vehicles sold
A Link to the FCA PR Site:
FCA US Media - FCA US Reports Third-quarter 2019 Sales (at https://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=21276&mid=1 )

A Link to the PR News Wire:
FCA US Reports Third-Quarter 2019 Sales (at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fca-us-reports-third-quarter-2019-sales-300929760.html )

·
Registered
21 Posts
Things that surprised me looking at the chart:

- Challenger outsold Mustang
- Charger sales increased by almost 50%
- Small Jeeps (all models except Wrangler, GC, Gator) keep losing sales

I would love to see an updated 300/Charger/Challenger, but with other automakers running away from making new sedans, there might be no need for a completely new set of models.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts

I would love to see an updated 300/Charger/Challenger, but with other automakers running away from making new sedans, there might be no need for a completely new set of models.
They don't need to be completely new. Give them a nice refresh and show the 300 some love. Don't treat it like an abandoned child. These cars have unique styling and we should capitalize on that. The sedan market may be shrinking but it ain't dead.

·
Registered
931 Posts
FCA designers transplanted many of the creature comforts and technologies featured in the Ram 1500 light-duty pickup truck into the heavy-duty lineup. Chief among the changes was the 12-inch touchscreen with its quick access to navigation, climate and satellite radio.

Heavy-duty customers, including farmers, ranchers, construction workers and small business operators, have responded enthusiastically to the ability to do more work from their front seat during the day and take their families and clients to dinner in the same well-appointed truck in the evening.

Rounding out the quarter's sales records was the Jeep Wrangler. The Wrangler has been a strong seller since its redesign last year, but the nameplate received a boost this quarter from the start of a special-edition campaign. New limited-edition models include, for example, the 2020 Wrangler Black & Tan and the Wrangler Willys.

Jeep intends to offer more Wrangler special editions in 2020.

For the quarter, overall sales were 565,034 vehicles for the three-month period covering July, August and September. Retail sales accounted for 438,649 vehicles while fleet accounted for 22 percent of total sales. Fleet sales, on a year-to-date basis, accounted for 25 percent of overall sales.

"Lower interest rates, a stable economy and consumer enthusiasm bolster our belief that new vehicle sales in the U.S. are heading for a strong finish," Head of U.S. Sales Reid Bigland said. "For us, vehicles like the new Gladiator, our Ram pickups and Dodge muscle cars are pulling customers into showrooms. Our customers are also choosing to purchase higher trim levels or extra features, which are increasing our transaction prices."

·
Registered
575 Posts
Ram continues towards 650-700k.

800k can happen.

I wasn't going to go until 2023 but thanks to a fellow Allpar member and old Navy buddy. I will be buying using his employee discount.

Thanks Mike S. you are good people.

·
Super Moderator
37,708 Posts

Keep in mind Challenger and Charger had some really nice incentives on them for much of this quarter. That had to boost sales a bit.

·
10,444 Posts
All the whining on this site about Wrangler and limted editions prove to be a bunch noise that gets (thankfully)blocked out by the structure of FCA which hands 42% of power in one individual.
So now Elkann is responsible for Wrangler Limited Editions, too? That’s rich.

What next? He created earth in six days?

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
September was weird since Labor Day fell into August but according to Automotive News FCA outsold both Toyota and Ford in September. Ain’t that something...

·
Jeepaholic
5,843 Posts
There are a lot of negatives in the 3Q sales compared to last year, and the YTD sales figures compared to last year. I’m not so sure I’d be that optimistic about a “strong finish” as Bigland said. Only time will tell on that.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I've been saying it for awhile now, when they launch Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer/next generation Grand Cherokee/three row next generation Grand Cherokee, this company could easily hit the #1 spot with GM dropping all of their sedans.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Looks like Gladiator is now in 4th place out of the 7 midsize trucks on sale in the U.S. Hopefully Q4 will be even better.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
So now Elkann is responsible for Wrangler Limited Editions, too? That’s rich.

What next? He created earth in six days?
Nah, man...that's old news. :D

Reactions: AlexB

·
Registered
931 Posts
Nah, man...that's old news. :D
Yes, he (Elkann) is responsible indirectly for things like limited editions.
And what some posters don't understand is that structure (that FCA has) allows Management to carry out running the business in their chosen direction. In FCA's current direction creates the environment for things such as limited editions to exit.

Also FCA's stock structure prevents things like the whole "Eaton/Kirk Kerkorian/Daimler ordeal" from happening.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Yes, he (Elkann) is responsible indirectly for things like limited editions.
And what some posters don't understand is that structure (that FCA has) allows Management to carry out running the business in their chosen direction. In FCA's current direction creates the environment for things such as limited editions to exit.

Also FCA's stock structure prevents things like the whole "Eaton/Kirk Kerkorian/Daimler ordeal" from happening.
I was talking about Elkann creating the world in 6 days.

·
Premium Member
3,365 Posts
I think the problem with smaller cars like the Compass is that once you add tech and safety you get into price regions where if someone can afford those they often can also afford to go up one size, like to a Cherokee or even GC.

Personally I don’t understand the business model behind smaller cars anymore, at least in the US. When you sell cheaper cars you usually try to make money via scale. But it doesn’t look like small cars are selling that well anymore. Or do I have this wrong?

1 - 20 of 99 Posts