1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
These trims used to sell. I don't know what happened.
I’d say the same thing that happened to the rest of the sedan market, people are more willing to pay premium prices for a luxury truck, than a luxury car. From what I’ve seen on this forum, most buyers want all the fixin’s, without the cost. And I suppose once you get into the $50k Territory, you have stiff competition

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
My wife has been waiting to buy a 300 Limited since last fall, but there have been none at any of the local dealerships and as of yesterday, there are none within 150 miles of DFW. She wanted to see one before ordering sight unseen, but looks like that won't happen. She had just decided to order a 2021 since it was so late in the 2020 run.

·
Jeepaholic
6,633 Posts
I was following a 300c the other day and commented to my wife that I thought it was still a handsome car, and I wouldn’t mind having one if they offered the V8 with AWD. She says back to me, “you’re not buying an old man’s car”. It’s amazing how quickly a thought will die. :p

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I was following a 300c the other day and commented to my wife that I thought it was still a handsome car, and I wouldn’t mind having one if they offered the V8 with AWD. She says back to me, “you’re not buying an old man’s car”. It’s amazing how quickly a thought will die. :p
This is the first time I've heard of anyone thinking that the 300 is "an old man's car".

The are some vehicles out there that would fit that description, but the 300 is not one of them....at least in my little ole opinion.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I wonder if this means the end is nigh for the 300. Please correct me if I am wrong but as I type this on 8-29-20 I believe the only traditional sedans from Detroit that are still in production for sale in North America are one Lincoln, one or two Cadillacs, the Chevy Malibu, the Dodge Charger and the aforementioned Chrysler 300. I believe the Lincoln and Cadillac(s) are on life support and will likely be gone within a year. We can probably assume the 300 is on its way out. So the Charger and Malibu are the only two left for those of us who will be looking for a new car in the next 4 years? Five years ago that would have been unthinkable.

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Wrangler, 2018 Ram 2500
267 Posts
I wonder if this means the end is nigh for the 300. Please correct me if I am wrong but as I type this on 8-29-20 I believe the only traditional sedans from Detroit that are still in production for sale in North America are one Lincoln, one or two Cadillacs, the Chevy Malibu, the Dodge Charger and the aforementioned Chrysler 300. I believe the Lincoln and Cadillac(s) are on life support and will likely be gone within a year. We can probably assume the 300 is on its way out. So the Charger and Malibu are the only two left for those of us who will be looking for a new car in the next 4 years? Five years ago that would have been unthinkable.
Cadillac is still committed to sedans. They just introduced two for 2020.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
This is the first time I've heard of anyone thinking that the 300 is "an old man's car".

The are some vehicles out there that would fit that description, but the 300 is not one of them....at least in my little ole opinion.
Depends on the color. That red with the dark rims is still yummy.

I think the Malibu is on its way out. No?

·
Registered
3,636 Posts

It would be wishful to reply to her, "tell us why the Camry isn't a old man's car? Because I saw lots of old folks driving a Camry".

·
Jeepaholic
6,633 Posts

Hey, when the chick you dig thinks your car ain’t cool...well, there ain’t much you can do about that. :D

It would be wishful to reply to her, "tell us why the Camry isn't a old man's car? Because I saw lots of old folks driving a Camry".
She thinks Camry’s are for even older people. :D Of course she’s a very strong advocate for me getting a Gladiator, so her taste isn’t all bad. :p

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.