Allpar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking in my Wrangler tomorrow to dealer after leak down test showed No 2 cyl not holding Vac.

read about the P0302 and all of the head replacements. My dealer on the phone said I was NOT covered by
any kind of warranty and will have to pay $2200 for a head if needed. 65 months and 59,000 miles.

I have read on Auto Evolution 17-jun 2014 where they extended the fix to every car (3.6L) to 10/100,000 miles

I have read where some 2014 and 2015 models had complaints.

Will I have to do battle? What is the area Service rep for Jeep Called?
Hopefully I will get a different guy than the one on the phone who did not know what a TSB was.

Wish me luck!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Yes, you do have to bug them. I would download and print that TSB and have it with you when they go in. Years ago one of the supervisors where I worked had a Diesel Pontiac, at roughly 40K the engine took a poopies, dealer told him some huge price, he called me to his office and asked, since I had a Diesel Olsmobile, wasn't there an extended warranty on the 5.7L Diesels. I told him what I knew and he called the dealer back, got the service manager and told him what I said, suddenly the repair was covered.

Good luck with it, either they don't have that TSB, or, as the Pontiac dealer was trying to pull, want to get paid twice for the job, warranty work is not profitable, the labor rates are set by FCA and are lower than retail rates.

Reactions: Shane Estabrooks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, you do have to bug them. I would download and print that TSB and have it with you when they go in. Years ago one of the supervisors where I worked had a Diesel Pontiac, at roughly 40K the engine took a poopies, dealer told him some huge price, he called me to his office and asked, since I had a Diesel Olsmobile, wasn't there an extended warranty on the 5.7L Diesels. I told him what I knew and he called the dealer back, got the service manager and told him what I said, suddenly the repair was covered.

Good luck with it, either they don't have that TSB, or, as the Pontiac dealer was trying to pull, want to get paid twice for the job, warranty work is not profitable, the labor rates are set by FCA and are lower than retail rates.
Thanks, great idea.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The X56 warranty extension probably does apply to you.

Not everyone, though. I saw a customer pay cylinder head job not too long ago. So while they're rare, they do exist.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts