Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a question, I have a fiat 500x 2.4 from America but you read that those 2.4 tigershark engines do not see well. what about true?

·
Administrator
35,986 Posts
The 500X doesn't sell well with any engine in the US... I don't have sales by engine. If you take all Fiat sales of all Fiat cars in the USA, multiple by five... you still don't have a good sales number for a single car! They aren't popular here. It's a shame, I really did like the 500 and thought the 500L and 500X had potential, and really really like the 124. Maybe enough to buy one.

·
Super Moderator
37,734 Posts
Most are. But some can use a lot of oil.

Reactions: tlc and gforce2002

·
Super Moderator
37,734 Posts
okay, so not all 2.4 tigershark use oil?
which ones are good?
I’ve had three. None used oil.

You just drive and see it f yours used oil or not. There is no way to know if yours will use oil or not.

Reactions: tlc

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
super did you also have a 2.4L?
I have one of the oil burner 2.4s but in a Compass. Because the vehicle can suddenly shut down without warning when the oil is low, it requires very frequent checking. It can be a considerable safety hazard in traffic.

·
Super Moderator
37,734 Posts
ok I don't have that at all, how many miles should the oil be changed?
Your owners manual will tell. The car may have an oil life monitor.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your owners manual will tell. The car may have an oil life monitor.
okay, maybe there is an american website where you can order car parts for a fiat 500x from 2016 with a 2.4L because here in europe you will find nothing of it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok thanks for all the information, but does anyone know where you can order parts of a fiat 500x 2.4L on an american website because here in europe they have nothing

·
Super Moderator
37,734 Posts
I wouldn't go off the manual. If I did that with my Abarth it would have run dry multiple times!
The interval for oil change and he interval for checking the oil level are two different things.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I wouldn't go off the manual. If I did that with my Abarth it would have run dry multiple times!
If you went by the owner's manual you would check your oil level and add oil when needed.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I know guys, do you think the average person is checking their oil between changes? Or even how to check the oil? My oil would be half way down the dip stick after just 1000km, always had to have a liter of synthetic in the back for routine top-ups (which is ridiculous in a new car). I know for a fact the avg buyer is not doing that.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts