Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
***The following is not by a professional writer but someone who gives his views on a blog about Fiat.***

Felipe Munoz - January 27, 2014

I must say that I was really happy when I saw the news confirming the final acquisition of Chrysler. Fiat needed this alliance which can be the first step for ensuring its future in the coming 3 years. The last 2 years have been particularly hard for the Italian car maker, and things seemed to get worse with the recent results in Brazil. Chrysler good results were the best hope Fiat had as an independent car manufacturer. It was Marchionne’s first goal and it was the reason why so many projects were blocked in Turin. For sure it is not enough to survive in the long-term future, just as the CEO said. The merge allows Fiat and Chrysler to gain some positions in the ranking by production capacities, but the new group is still very far from the industry leaders: Toyota, GM and VW. If the new-born car group wants to survive it must rise its production/sales levels up to 6 million units in the next 3 years, or it must find another partner, hopefully Asian. Fiat-Chrysler plays an important role in North America (world’s second largest car market) and South America. The position in Europe isn’t that relevant. That’s why it must enlarge its operations in Asia as soon as possible. That should be Marchionne’s second goal.

More... http://fiatgroupworld.com/2014/01/27/fiat-and-chrysler-vs-peugeot-and-dongfeng/

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
37,780 Posts
The following is not by a professional writer”

I would never have known that ;)

Yes, Fiat has needed Chrysler. Though some of what happened in Turn with delayed/stopped projects was because they realized they were not competitive enough, e.g. the new Alfa.

I wonder if 200 will be sold in Europe as a Chrysler, a Dodge, or a Fiat. I am guessing Fiat Flavia.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave said:
The following is not by a professional writer”

I would never have known that ;)

Yes, Fiat has needed Chrysler. Though some of what happened in Turn with delayed/stopped projects was because they realized they were not competitive enough, e.g. the new Alfa.

I wonder if 200 will be sold in Europe as a Chrysler, a Dodge, or a Fiat. I am guessing Fiat Flavia.
I think he's a Spaniard working in Italy and writing in English. There's an affiliation with carsitaly.net which has a lot of information about Fiat.

Wasn't it said that the 200 isn't for Europe? I can't keep up with what are rumors, facts or hallucinations about all of this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts