·
Registered
12,608 Posts
Interesting placement of camouflage.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I say tear out all the FIAT badges, replace them with Chrysler ones, federalize this thing on the quick, and presto:

Introducing the 2021 Chrysler Adventurer.
Hahaha! I only see this car as a new Dodge Attitude or Vision in the Mexican market. Believe me, despite being an honest car, it is far below of what the US and EU market want. It's a car for emerging markets.

Interesting placement of camouflage.
This car has special Fiat badges. Apparently the same, but with the black background. Here in Brazil, Fiat used this badge in two models: the Toro Blackjack (special version) and the newly launched Argo Trekking, which has a sticker exactly in the camouflaged part. Maybe it is that. Despite this, it's missing several details that it has in the model.

·
Registered
821 Posts
If you are thinking of selling that here please DON'T.

·
Super Moderator
6,939 Posts
Maybe to become mules for the tiny Jeep?

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
If that's the case, it could replace the Dodge Attitude (a Mitsubishi Attrage/Mirage re-badge), although if that's the case, then why not test the Cronos sedan rather than the Argo hatch?

At launch of Argo/Cronos there was talk that FIAT Europe would bring these in as a Punto replacement, to sit between Panda and Tipo in the brand's "rational" range. Perhaps this is related to that effort.

But my guess is something far more mundane: some testing resource in Brasil is booked up right now, and FIAT needed to do some more work on this model, so it was quicker to ship them up to Detroit to have the tests done there. An emissions-test lab is the same everywhere in the world: it's only the definition of a "right answer" that changes from place to place.

·
Registered
12,608 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Hahaha! I only see this car as a new Dodge Attitude or Vision in the Mexican market. Believe me, despite being an honest car, it is far below of what the US and EU market want. It's a car for emerging markets.
Or people with a reduced budget and only buy used never a all-new one. Maybe something close to what the Renault-Dacia Logan did in Europe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But my guess is something far more mundane: some testing resource in Brasil is booked up right now, and FIAT needed to do some more work on this model, so it was quicker to ship them up to Detroit to have the tests done there. An emissions-test lab is the same everywhere in the world: it's only the definition of a "right answer" that changes from place to place.
That reminded me one thing. It has been rumored for some time that Fiat will start using a CVT transmission on Argo with release date for next year. This is something new in FCA since the Selecta transmissions used by Fiat Europe in the late 80s and Jatco's CVT used in the Jeep Compass / Patriot.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Or people with a reduced budget and only buy used never a all-new one. Maybe something close to what the Renault-Dacia Logan did in Europe.
For Europe Fiat already has Fiat Tipo doing this job. For the US, I don't know if this car is something the consumer wants. In addition, Fiat has invested in a different image of the low-cost brand in this market. It wouldn't make sense.

Chrysler has some superb testing resources, and it wouldn't be crazy to test a Fiat here...
Not wanting to underestimate, but FCA Brazil (former Fiat Brasil) has a complete development center here. I think I've only seen cars that were developed for LATAM going outside for very specific tests, like Project 281 (Fiat Strada) being tested in the Scandinavia's cold. This is the result of years of developing specific cars for the local market. It's worth remembering that in terms of FCA factories, the largest (Betim) and the newest (Goiana) are here. So I believe in three cases: 1) test the car for the mexican market 2) tests in CVT transmission by a subsidiary with more experience 3) study of solutions for the Mini Jeep (below Renegade).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts