Allpar Forums banner

1621 - 1640 of 1690 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,065 Posts
Then the order would get delayed because they (FCA) switched it to black coffee with a donut...which ended up not being a donut, but more of a Danish (refreshed)...and it then got recalled...because of a supplier issue. :p
And you'd be charged $15 for the coffee, but get a $5 rebate so they can keep selling coffee to "subprime" drinkers.

·
Premium Member
4,037 Posts

·
Jeepaholic
5,929 Posts
The sacrificial altar continues; this time at Renault: Renault CEO Bollore may be ousted, reports say
Sacrificed? I’ve got his eulogy all planned (a Lampoon’s Vacation quote, edited slightly for the occasion) :

“O God, ease our suffering in this, our moment of great dispair. Yea, admit this kind and decent man into thy arms of thine heavenly area, up there. And Moab, he lay us upon the band of the Canaanites, and yea, though the Hindus speak of karma, I implore you: give him a break.
Baruuuuuuch Ataaaaaaah Aluuuuuuuyah”

·
Jeepaholic
5,929 Posts
And through it all, the customer will still be treated as an afterthought (IF he's lucky)...If not, then he'll be abandoned entirely, as they search for easier customers to please...(who will also tip more).:D

Zagnut: Thanks for putting a smile and a giggle on my face this morning. Apparently, God has given you the wonderful gift of a warped mind! No wonder we play off each other so well.:p

Something tells me our senses of humor must have developed in a fairly similar manner. I was an only child, and with nobody around my age in the immediate neigborhood to play with, I ended up spending more time in front of the TV than the average kid...no doubt my young mind soaking up by osmosis bits and pieces of stuff from the likes of Alan Alda, Bea Aruthur, Redd Foxx, and Groucho Marx.

Now that I think of it, the person who would eventually have the biggest influence and impact on my personality growing up was probably the Film / TV Producer Norman Lear.;)
Maybe not the same path exactly, but I’m sure we’ve seen and enjoyed a lot of the same scenery to make us what we are. :) My sense of humor can be inappropriate at times, and has gotten me into trouble on occasion, but it’s helped me survive in an insane world. :D

·
Registered
931 Posts
JLR ... huh. You want to talk synergies? Jeep handles the mass production, Land Rover handles the premium — they can share a good deal of technology and expertise between them. Nobody said Land Rover has to stay in England forever. Manufacturing can be anywhere... Jaguar would be a perfect fit for Maserati; we've already seen that the secret to a successful Jaguar is applying Coventry styling and performance tweaks to a mainstream car (Ford Mondeo).

I can see Alfa Romeos with minor tweaking and completely different sheet metal, with those fabulous Jaguar curves and the more famous (in the US) Jaguar nameplate, taking the market by storm.
FCA can also take production away from Manga in favor of Italy, as Tata loved having Manga to manufacture vehicles on JLR behalf.
I think a Land Rover pickup might be a hit, too.

·
Registered
931 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
:) My sense of humor can be inappropriate at times, and has gotten me into trouble on occasion, but it’s helped me survive in an insane world. :D
I hear you brother. Similar things have happened to me as well.

Humor has most certainly been my go-to as a defense mechanism. Let's face it. Kids can...at times...can be quite nasty. And...if you've been "the fat kid with glasses" since 1st. Grade, it certainly gives one an incentive to quickly develop a coping mechanism.
;)

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
36,476 Posts
I can't think of a person who would accept that job (outside of Senard as both Chairman and CEO) only for Senard to deal the job out to FCA.
That would tell if this concept of FCA-Renault is completely dead or FCA would takeover a empty Renault C-suite.
I would take the job - I can use the money... ;)

·
Super Moderator
38,065 Posts
Just make sure you get a nice golden parachute as part of the terms.

Reactions: tlc

·
Jeepaholic
5,929 Posts
I would too, despite the fact that I’d be the poster child for the Extreme Peter Principle. But by the time they found out how incompetent I was at the job, I’d be out the door with my golden parachute (insert maniacal laughter). :D

·
Administrator
36,476 Posts
I would too, despite the fact that I’d be the poster child for the Extreme Peter Principle. But by the time they found out how incompetent I was at the job, I’d be out the door with my golden parachute (insert maniacal laughter). :D
So when has that ever stopped anyone from becoming a CEO? (Hint: GM's prior CEO essentially bribed his way in, though he was clearly incompetent...)

·
Jeepaholic
5,929 Posts
So when has that ever stopped anyone from becoming a CEO? (Hint: GM's prior CEO essentially bribed his way in, though he was clearly incompetent...)
Sooooooo....you’re saying I have a chance??!! Hot dog!! :D

Can I use you as a reference? :p

·
Administrator
36,476 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Just make sure you get a nice golden parachute as part of the terms.
Maybe you need a 0/0 ejection seat with said parachute attached. :D

Reactions: Zagnut27

·
Registered
931 Posts
"Bollore appealed to the French government, which holds a 15 percent stake in Renault -- and which has given Senard free rein to make governance decisions -- not to "destabilize" Renault by changing top management.

"What is at stake is not my personal future," he said, "but the future of Renault and its 186,000 employees."
Asking for the French Government to reign in Senard.
Renault CEO denounces 'coup' against him (at https://www.autonews.com/executives/renault-ceo-denounces-coup-against-him )
The whole ordeal of FCA-Renault will come to ahead pretty soon( merger with/"sale to" FCAvs new CEO).

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
FCA would of done better with a small Cummins, the VM has given Diesels a bad name in Rams.
I'm not so sure in the case of the A630 it's not the other way around.
I can't think of a person who would accept that job (outside of Senard as both Chairman and CEO) only for Senard to deal the job out to FCA.
That would tell if this concept of FCA-Renault is completely dead or FCA would takeover a empty Renault C-suite.
What if by chance Renault was to come to an "arrangement" with Exor to have one Mike Manley be CEO of Renault AND FCA. Hmmm...

Reactions: 77 Monaco Brougham

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
1621 - 1640 of 1690 Posts