Allpar Forums banner

1641 - 1660 of 1690 Posts

·
10,444 Posts
Senard is proving to be an apt chairman. After a rocky start, he seems to be maneuvering his way through the politics of Renault, Nissan, Carlos Ghosn appointees, and the French and Japanese governments, to provide the outcome he was hired to deliver.

Reactions: AlexB

·
Jeepaholic
5,929 Posts
He is the one who was for FCA merger.
Yes, I think he said he would love to still make a deal with FCA if one could be made that worked for everyone.

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Registered
931 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Both Nissan and Renault are facing turbulent times. It's a shame they didn't partner up with Renault when they had the chance to make a "merger of equals".
If this happens now, FCA will have the upper hand.

·
Jeepaholic
5,929 Posts
Both Nissan and Renault are facing turbulent times. It's a shame they didn't partner up with Renault when they had the chance to make a "merger of equals".
In a merger, someone still has to end up being the boss regardless if they’re “equals”. If Renault is faltering, then that just makes it more likely that the person who ends up in the big chair is from FCA...which is probably the best scenario anyway.

If decision making by FCA leaves me scratching my head sometimes, the decision making by Nissan especially escalates frequently to face palm.

Reactions: 77 Monaco Brougham

·
Jeepaholic
5,929 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
FCA will have the upper hand only as long as Jeep and Ram sales are good. If those faulter FCA would soon be in the same boat.
Yet FCA is already a player in the US market, unlike Renault. I think that still gives it some leverage. Of course, that could work both ways, given Renault's relative wealth of platforms possibly more suited to an economic downturn.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I would it make Renault into a larger AMC(a distresss situation), which is kind of ironic.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Nice to see FCA improving share and sales in Europe. What about that Lancia Brand! I still question the decisions to make Lancia Italy only, as I do with keeping Dodge and Chrysler N/A brands only.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Nice to see FCA improving share and sales in Europe. What about that Lancia Brand! I still question the decisions to make Lancia Italy only, as I do with keeping Dodge and Chrysler N/A brands only.
I thought Lancia as Italy-only was only supposed to be until €/$ became available to start paying some attention to the brand. Am I mistaken?

As for Dodge / Chrysler, I think making them North America only is a mistake. With the right kind of product, I could see Dodge / Chrysler having appeal elsewhere in the world. Australia comes to mind easily.

·
10,444 Posts
I thought Lancia as Italy-only was only supposed to be until €/$ became available to start paying some attention to the brand. Am I mistaken?

As for Dodge / Chrysler, I think making them North America only is a mistake. With the right kind of product, I could see Dodge / Chrysler having appeal elsewhere in the world. Australia comes to mind easily.
And Sweden. Them Swedes love their Chryslers and Dodges.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts

As far as Lancia goes, I do not know whether that is the plan. Last I heard was pairing Chrysler /Lancia in development, but nothing more from that either. I think all 3 brands are in a kind of limbo until someone at FCA has some time and love for them. If they leave it too long esp. Chrysler, people will just lose interest and walk away, as they are already doing. I hope FCA has a plan to get them back.
BTW. Holland likes mopar too!

1641 - 1660 of 1690 Posts