Allpar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like Fiat Fullbacks are getting put to good use in Ukraine, up-optioned with SA-18 Grouses / Iglas, Stingers, and Mistrals. (Happy hunting!) Can Stellantis eat away at the Hilux market saturation for this particular niche?

Tire Wheel Sky Car Land vehicle

How Ukraine Is Turning Fiat Pickup Trucks Into Deadly Anti-Aircraft Batteries In War With Russia

The Ukrainian army has gone MacGyver on Russia, turning a fleet of donated Fiat pickup trucks into mobile missile launchers capable of bringing down everything from drones to jets.

The Fiat Fullback 4X4 trucks, donated by the Come Back Alive foundation, are being paired with Mistral man-portable air defense systems (MANPADS) contributed by Norway. The result is an elusive and mobile anti-aircraft battery that is helping Ukraine neutralize the air advantage Russia has wielded since beginning its invasion in late February.

Full Article Here

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
39,107 Posts
Fullbacks are, if I recall correctly, Mitsubishi L200 based and also sold as Ram 1200.
They are out of production now, because Mitsubishi was brought into... someone else. I think they are made in Thailand, by Mitsubishi.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I have to applaud, commend, and salute the Ukrainian people for becoming "creative" in their efforts to keep their land and livelihood.

Even at the early start of their war, they were fighting like Wolverines!

Local citizens were out cutting down the road and town signs, so that the invading forces would be disoriented. Also assembling molotov cocktails and building road obstacles.

So many people have completely put their lives on hold, and have no normalcy today, just trying to survive to make it to the next day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts