Allpar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Fiat & JEEP sponsored rally racing for some of their brands,what would be the down side?
You may want to checkout www.rallyusa.com or www.rally-america.com
I'm thinking of rallying kits for groups or club, who want to rally in timed event. I would think it will go like this. Fiat 500 local groups who want to do Rallying ,they would go to their dealer and buy a 500 rally kit that has all fiat rally rules, dvd & reg, With added club paperwork, the club would map out a cores for its members and then go rallying. It will be the same for wranglers and other jeep vehicles clubs, and have lots of fun

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Depends on what rally series, Fiat/Jeep is involved in..

GT, Rally and F1 are the world's famous racing...

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
JRS200x said:
Spending lots of money for a relatively small sport in the grand scheme of things.
Uh...like Global Rally Cross and ALMS.... ;)

Chrysler should be involved in ALL forms of Motorsports, but reality dictates the bills are paid first.
There are serious expenditures on the horizon, and it's a big reason they tried to limit the length of their NASCAR commitment, which ultimately resulted in losing their only, Championship team.

·
Registered
7,389 Posts
I prefer racing to Motorsport entertainment.... Rally team would be cool also would love to see Fiat in Indycar. The only Dallara made chassis in a street car will be the upcoming Alfa so it would be a nice match.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see rallying as a fun family event, that should be supported by the local FIAT JEEP dealers,can sell rally gear & kits, with a posable optional rally clock software that would keep track times, mileage and stages for your cars GPS . Also having time outs for lunch and other fun things. Rallying should promote brand loyalty and car sells.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stratuscaster said:
How about that Jeepspeed racing that Allpar sponsors?
I was thinking of a car sport for all Chrysler brand owners.For me its like this,I want to buy a 44 mag handgun,but they're no competition shooting in my area of Texas for the 44, So I want buy it. Its the same for the Fiat 500 ,no fun then no buy.( Subare knows this well)

·
Registered
567 Posts
tomtex said:
I was thinking of a car sport for all Chrysler brand owners.For me its like this,I want to buy a 44 mag handgun,but they're no competition shooting in my area of Texas for the 44, So I want buy it. Its the same for the Fiat 500 ,no fun then no buy.( Subare knows this well)
I agree. The new Subaru WRX is a great looking vehicle and since it's a Rallye supporter, why not Jeep or Dodge? I don't see a decent Fiat capable of this. The 500L looks much heavier than the Mini Cooper SUV, and much less capable. But a Jeep Compass and/or Dodge Dart entry would be great! Or a good contender for those races with obstacles, not sure of the name, but they do jumps and things of that sort on a closed course and have very vibrant paint schemes.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
12soldier said:
I agree. The new Subaru WRX is a great looking vehicle and since it's a Rallye supporter, why not Jeep or Dodge? I don't see a decent Fiat capable of this. The 500L looks much heavier than the Mini Cooper SUV, and much less capable. But a Jeep Compass and/or Dodge Dart entry would be great! Or a good contender for those races with obstacles, not sure of the name, but they do jumps and things of that sort on a closed course and have very vibrant paint schemes.
12soldier, are you in the teams?

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
12soldier said:
Or a good contender for those races with obstacles, not sure of the name, but they do jumps and things of that sort on a closed course and have very vibrant paint schemes.
It's called Global Rally Cross. The Dart is the race vehicle of choice, by Mopar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts