Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our local dealer has two Darts!

I took a white SXT 1.4 for a test drive.

Overall very impressed, I was expecting to feel under powered, based on what the reviews said about the 1.4, for me it was perfect in fact I had a hard time telling/feeling that it was a turbo, power pickup was very smooth! Was easy to get going in traffic(and it's been 10 years since I have drivin a stick) the car was quite, very quite. Puts my Sebring to shame! Ride was great and steering effortless.

The quality is very nice, seats are comfy, the room inside was ok for me (6'3) back seat was small once I had the driver seat adjusted for myself. Doors shut with authority, power windows are quite in their operation. Radio controls are just fine and the none touch screen radio looks great! Why can't they use this radio for Chargers? That silly looking tiny touch screen is rediculas and make the dash look incomplete, I digress...

A/C was fine took a little longer then I like to get cool, but once cool it was just fine. It was about a 100 or so out side.

I did find the brakes a bit on the grabby side, but after two stops I had a groove on and never thought about it.

Two things I did not like, the speaker grills, what where they thinking? Just does not flow with the rest of the car.

The trunk lid did not line up very well at all and that would be deal breaker for me, it could have just been this car, but still it was bad. No like!

Options, Bluetooth, sat radio, PW, DL, power mirrors, LED racetrack lights, 1.4, nice looking alloy wheels. All for 20k not a bad price! Chrysler is going to sell tons of them!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hoping that this 'new' addition to the Dart line has a continuation as long as the original line did. I am still trying to accrue the first 100,000 miles on my 1960 Dodge Phoenix Dart....and after 52 years, and 26 years of ownership, ( second owner ) I am every bit as proud to get her out and take her the the dealership as anyone with a brand new unit.
Chrysler....and better yet Dodge....you should be proud....Still giving America value for the bucks they spend on transportation....Hold your head up Proud !!!!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Leith Dodge in Wake Forest, NC finally got their first Darts in. A gray Limited with sunroof and leather and a red Rallye. Both with the 1.4 turbo, big screen, Sirius, and manual transmissions. 24+ K$ for the Rallye, 26+ K$ for the limited. The sales guy pointed out the rear view camera when in reverse. I didn't drive this one to learn the electronics, but sales guy says the customer's training is 1 hour on it's capabilities. Bells & whistles here we come!

I drove the red one. Somewhat embarrassed that I stalled it at first. Small slope, haven't driven a clutch in a while, and didn't know for sure if/what hill hold capabilities it had. So, on the road out, they run you across some of the monster speed bumps that Wake Forest likes and allowed it down to about 1 thousand RPM. No stumble or bucking at that speed (2nd gear?) with 1/2 throttle.

It's roomy inside with very good sight lines. Car & Driver says EPA lists it as a mid-sized based on interior volume. Reasonably large trunk, too.

Continental tires. Suspension seems reasonably taut angling over railroad tracks etc. Brakes are aggressive, but respectable. Good.

Going out onto the highway I asked if it was OK to put my foot in it. Given the OK and clear traffic, 1st gear bounced off the rev limiter fairly quickly. Something that you learn, the power curve and engine's response.

It doesn't show any torque steer and if I hadn't known it, it wouldn't be apparent that it's FWD.

Overall, I'm very happy. Honda and Toyota, etc. will have to answer to the Dart!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Radio controls are just fine and the none touch screen radio looks great! Why can't they use this radio for Chargers? That silly looking tiny touch screen is rediculas and make the dash look incomplete, I digress...
I am trying to remember the touchscreen in the Darts that I have seen, but I belive that they are the same as the radios in the new Chargers.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I am trying to remember the touchscreen in the Darts that I have seen, but I belive that they are the same as the radios in the new Chargers.
I think Jaime might be referring to uConnect 4.3 in the Charger. That one is touch screen as well.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
I think Jaime might be referring to uConnect 4.3 in the Charger. That one is touch screen as well.
x2.

It looks like this:

(From the rental I had last May)

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts