Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a derivative of Fiat Argo, expected to hit the market with 1.3 firefly naturally aspirated paired with a CVT transmission, top trims should see a 1.0 T firefly making about 128 hp.

The public will get to choose it's name among three options (Tuo, Domo or Pulse) I think pulse sounds better here in Brazil.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
36,420 Posts
It's speculated that it will be a Toyota's cvt with a real first gear for accelerating from a stop.
Toyota can be very clever when they try. They did a lot of work on their organization five-ten years back and it's really showing now.
Back reminds me of Cherokee.
I'm not that fond of the dual-huge-grille thing but that's just about every car and crossover today. Wonder what the Jeep will look like (and perform like).

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Wrangler, 2018 Ram 2500
184 Posts
It really reminds me of a Nissan Kicks. I guess there’s only so much you can do with the box.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm sure it was in the works before the merger. End of the line for this platform.
CMP's 208 is not selling anything, they can't sell it at the price the public is willing to pay and make a profit. Besides, I've been in some CMP's cars and they are always cramped in the backseats, that could be a problem in the crossover segment.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm assuming this will be tinkered with and will be sporting a Jeep badge in the near future?

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
CMP's 208 is not selling anything, they can't sell it at the price the public is willing to pay and make a profit. Besides, I've been in some CMP's cars and they are always cramped in the backseats, that could be a problem in the crossover segment.
Peugeot 208 sales in Europe are great, and profitable.

208 on EMP1/CMP has only been in production in Argentina for less than a year.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Peugeot 208 sales in Europe are great, and profitable.

208 on EMP1/CMP has only been in production in Argentina for less than a year.
I mean, in South America, it's selling in minimum numbers, the price is too high, consumer is not buying it...

·
Registered
134 Posts
It has the space to take a 4 cylinder Firefly therefore a more powerful unit and a manual / 9 speed auto could be fitted easily.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts