Allpar Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time in over 13 years and 110,000 miles my '04 R/T gave me trouble. Suddenly, it refused to rev over 2300 rpm. After having it flatbedded home, I opened the hood and found the fault to be entirely my own for neglecting the battery connections. The positive connection sits under that plastic cover and I just hadn't looked under it for far too long. A quick cleaning of the terminals and clamps and she was fine again.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Personal luxury car Luxury vehicle
Auto part

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Apparently, the crusty battery was just one problem. The car did the same thing today. This time, I had it flat bedded to a garage. After driving it for a short time, the check engine light came on and it refused to rev over 2200/2300 rpm. Once it cooled down, it seemed fine again. Now I'll wait and see what the mechanics down the road find.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only other weird problem I ever had with this was being unable to get the parking brake to hold no matter how much I adjusted it. I finally pulled the rear brakes apart and found the parking brake linings on the driver's side had disintegrated. Only the steel shoes remained. Kind of a PITA to replace, but nice to have a functioning parking brake again.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I keep thinking I don't really need it and maybe I should sell it. But, it's been a fantastic car that still runs, stops, and handles great. Plus, it's super comfortable. At this point, it's been paid off for a long time, so, other than registration and insurance, it's pretty much a free car that I still love driving. Guess it'll stick around for a while.

·
Administrator
5,658 Posts
I keep thinking I don't really need it and maybe I should sell it. But, it's been a fantastic car that still runs, stops, and handles great. Plus, it's super comfortable. At this point, it's been paid off for a long time, so, other than registration and insurance, it's pretty much a free car that I still love driving. Guess it'll stick around for a while.

Yeah...I've been there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.