Allpar Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
917 Posts
The Bronco isn't $100k either. Nice try though, keep up the deflecting.
So, when Stellantis actually does something right, are you also going to find the smallest thing possible to complain about, like a bolt that's hidden from tech's (let alone out of sight and mind of the consumer) not being undercoated? Dude, this is a discussion about 'fit and finish'. He talked about 'fit and finish'. Literally in the scope of this discussion. MSRP a little different? Oh boo-hoo.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
917 Posts
Correction it is a thread about fit and finish on Wagoneers. You know, a vehicle that costs as much as a house. For that price it should be near perfect.
Live a little and come up to New York State, like the Central New York area. Up here, any house around $100,000 is old and in disrepair. It's not limited to just one area either: it's the case for nearly every home, in every county, in the state.
This is a new vehicle. Still expecting things to be perfect the first time around when you still say the company is terrible is laughable at best.
If it was bad last year, you think less than a year later it's magically got better because of a merger? Things take time.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
917 Posts
I've lived all over the country, but you need to understand the world doesn't revolve around New York. There are large areas of the country where $100k will buy you a decent house.

I don't care who makes a vehicle. If they charge $100k for a vehicle I expect it to be built well. If they can't do that than they should charge a price commensurate with the build quality.
I know there's decent houses for any price across the world. It's called being open minded and realizing what else there is and being wise to different markets, with different companies, run by different people.
Not being close-minded thinking, everything is done the exact same by everyone else just because of some "notion" that "I expect things at this price point to all be the same."
Different standards, different metrics. The companies are different, you can't hold the same one to the same standard to the others offering a similar but different item.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
917 Posts
If things take time to get right you take the time to get it right before you start the line. Saying its new we can't expect it to be good is a deplorable copout.
Except there's millions of Americans that still won't buy new vehicles from any automaker in the first year because they know there's kinks in them, including the fit & finish. And that's for every automaker sans the status symbols like Ferrari & Lamborghini. There are people who want the car #1 to be perfect, and there's people that want car #37,845 to be better than car #1.
None of that matters. Jeep wants a premium product. You miss the small stuff, you don’t get the big prices. Thinking “It’s only a bolt” or “it’s just a piece of trim” and people will excuse that undermines Jeep’s whole up market push.
Miss the small stuff? In this world, people have been arguing if "Grand Cherokee" is offensive top put onto a car and it still being sold or not. Even Land Rover pulls some of the best B.S. that they didn't think about, like the trailer hitch for the new Defender & the accompanying picture you can find in the owner's manual of a hand grasping it. It's crude and premium buyers aren't trying to buy something childish, yet it still sells.

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
917 Posts
Your excuses for Jeep on this matter are getting weaker and weaker. As others have said, if Jeep wants to play in this $100k+ arena they should be prepared to do so with higher scrutiny from customers. I think everyone in this thread hopes Jeep gets better at this but there’s no need to make excuses for them in the meantime.
It's making an excuse to fully believe this FCA by-product wasn't going to be much? The same people giving me this push-back are the same one's complaining about how Jeep is still ran like FCA was.... which is the exact "excuse" I'm gunning for! People have spent these past few years harshly critiquing FCA as a whole. I make this so called "excuse" as hey, it's modern Jeep from FCA, they don't build cars like the others, and that's why they aren't built to the same standards, so there's going to be problems that people have already come to expect from Jeep, so why are people even surprised about this?

·
Registered
2014 Jeep Compass
917 Posts
What's your point? People are unrealistic for wanting an expensive product to be built right? We're already ignoring 10 year old drive trains for $100,000 I really don't think it's unreasonable to expect the body panels and trim pieces to fit right. Really couldn't care less what Ferrari and Lambo can fleece pull over their customers. Not sure what relevance that has with a Jeep. I'm also one of the people who won't buy first or second model years, I know they're rushing out the cars and letting early customers be the true RnD testers. I wait for forums to blow up with complaints, if they don't, I also usually will ask people that own the vehicles what their 1,2 and 3 year experince is. With how overpriced and under built new cars are, it's my belief you're crazy to buy early model years.
See post #150.
It's a literal Jeep thing people expected to be done right.
By FCA.
The same company they've spent years critiquing.
They took away the badge, they didn't take away the fact it's still a Jeep, and it's what people should've already expected.
Also, "sans" in that case meant the exception. Everyone expects every automaker, except the 'status symbols', to have kinks in them. No one cares about the 6 figure status symbols anymore; they didn't even care when they were burning to the ground. The comment was to point reference to everyone else, like Toyota and Jeep.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts