Allpar Forums banner

Fit and finish on wagoneers

35K views 248 replies 62 participants last post by  OfficialMopar 
yall are picky, I could care less about a very little cosmetic Alignment issue like that. ill be worried if it was a alignment issue that effected something that was actually Structural, like Slaming the Lifegate and its so misaligned that it breaks the tail lamps or Shutting a door and having it bang against the body structure causing paint/body imperfections.
The standards raise as the price does. This isn't a Jeep only issue by any stretch- early runs of the new Mercedes S-class had misaligned trunk lids and customers were livid about it. This needs to be fixed quickly or the "Chrysler junk" talking points will stick.

Except there's millions of Americans that still won't buy new vehicles from any automaker in the first year because they know there's kinks in them, including the fit & finish. And that's for every automaker sans the status symbols like Ferrari & Lamborghini. There are people who want the car #1 to be perfect, and there's people that want car #37,845 to be better than car #1.

Miss the small stuff? In this world, people have been arguing if "Grand Cherokee" is offensive top put onto a car and it still being sold or not. Even Land Rover pulls some of the best B.S. that they didn't think about, like the trailer hitch for the new Defender & the accompanying picture you can find in the owner's manual of a hand grasping it. It's crude and premium buyers aren't trying to buy something childish, yet it still sells.
Your excuses for Jeep on this matter are getting weaker and weaker. As others have said, if Jeep wants to play in this $100k+ arena they should be prepared to do so with higher scrutiny from customers. I think everyone in this thread hopes Jeep gets better at this but there’s no need to make excuses for them in the meantime.

Yes I could have done a better job on the initial look over. None of it was apparent at 7pm in the dark when I took delivery and looked it over with the vehicle being black on black.
If it makes you feel better, I didn't notice that several interior pieces of my now-departed Bronco were completely unclipped and hanging freely until a couple of days after delivery. That was just a harbinger for what was to come with that car - hopefully ill-fitting parts are the worst of your issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.