Allpar Forums banner
201 - 220 of 249 Posts
Maybe these look worse in person, or maybe my eyesight is getting worse…but these pics don’t seem to me to be that noticeable?

Maybe these look worse in person, or maybe my eyesight is getting worse…but these pics don’t seem to me to be that noticeable?

The picture I posted (post #198) was taken at night from an angle, so the flash did not “white out” the photo.

As I walked toward the vehicle from the rear (the parking lot had overhead lighting), the misalignment was quickly noticeable - and I remembered this post. That is why I took the picture and posted it.

The picture I posted (post #198) was taken at night from an angle, so the flash did not “white out” the photo.

As I walked toward the vehicle from the rear (the parking lot had overhead lighting), the misalignment was quickly noticeable - and I remembered this post. That is why I took the picture and posted it.
Just paging back through the thread, some of them are definitely more noticeable than others. I just wonder if I’d notice on some of them in person, if it wasn’t pointed out to me, especially with a close up pic.

Not saying this isn’t an issue, just saying it’s something that I personally might not notice as much. But then again, I think I’m slowly going blind after wearing goggles (often foggy) continuously at work for the past couple of years.

Reactions: Adventurer55
Just paging back through the thread, some of them are definitely more noticeable than others. I just wonder if I’d notice on some of them in person, if it wasn’t pointed out to me, especially with a close up pic.

Not saying this isn’t an issue, just saying it’s something that I personally might not notice as much. But then again, I think I’m slowly going blind after wearing goggles (often foggy) continuously at work for the past couple of years.
Usually I look at details of the vehicles I purchase especially something close to six figures. I wonder if most of these are lease vehicles and how much they cost after the lease is up.....

Usually I look at details of the vehicles I purchase especially something close to six figures. I wonder if most of these are lease vehicles and how much they cost after the lease is up.....
I don’t think it’s a question of looking at details, I think it’s more of a question of how noticeable some of these “issues” actually are. If it takes a closeup pic to even see, then it seems more like nitpicking as opposed to an actual flaw. Some may feel differently, but looking at some of these pics I wouldn’t care if it was on a $20k vehicle or $100k, it doesn‘t look like that big of a deal to get one’s knickers in a twist over. As I said, maybe it looks worse in person.

To each, their own.

If I'm paying 100k for a brand new vehicle I expect it to be impeccable.
From personal experience purchasing very expensive items, you’ll often be disappointed expecting perfection. Lol.

At my dealership this morning for an oil change and saw 2 on the lot with the same misalignment issue. Once you know to look for it, it's obvious but I think you'd really have to look close to find it otherwise.
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Grille Motor vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Grille Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

I've seen worse. Not great but you might not notice that looking at it casually.

I remember back in the day as a teenager seeing a Ford Fairmont with a Mercury Zephyr rear end at a dealership. No idea how that one got through.

I remember back in the day as a teenager seeing a Ford Fairmont with a Mercury Zephyr rear end at a dealership. No idea how that one got through.
Same way a 75 Charger SE gets Cordoba's wider trim on the passenger side.

Was at my dealership today and they have a black Wagoneer sitting in the showroom. It looks fine. Hatch is lined up perfect. Now for the real sad news. Customer ordered a Grand back in November. It came in recently, but has the panoramic sunroof. It got shattered in transit. None are available. Customer thinks the dealer can just order one. The guy at the dealer says at least 6 months to get one. I'm glad I'm not that guy.

I saw the local dealer's Wagoneer. Hatch looked fine until I looked very close. It was nothing like the ones pictured before, but it was... odd. Maybe if I stared that hard at a Lexus hatch it would look the same, but it seemed like it was a bit too far in here, a bit not far enough in there... the chrome seemed to stick out slightly... but you know how people are: if we expect to see something, we are pretty good at seeing it.

201 - 220 of 249 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.