Allpar Forums banner
161 - 180 of 220 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins.
4,548 Posts
Here are my exhibits of build quality on a $102k MSRP Grand Wagoneer. The garage door picture is showing the distortion caused by the windshield. On a positive note, my rear hatch/taillights are aligned!

View attachment 84278
View attachment 84280 View attachment 84281
View attachment 84277
View attachment 84279
So, if I may, why did you take delivery of it if these were that evident? I wouldn't if it was only 25k. If it's new it better be as close to perfect as possible. That dash alignment is terrible.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So, if I may, why did you take delivery of it if these were that evident? I wouldn't if it was only 25k. If it's new it better be as close to perfect as possible. That dash alignment is terrible.
Yes I could have done a better job on the initial look over. None of it was apparent at 7pm in the dark when I took delivery and looked it over with the vehicle being black on black.

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
Yes I could have done a better job on the initial look over. None of it was apparent at 7pm in the dark when I took delivery and looked it over with the vehicle being black on black.
Well, I understand. It will make me get my microscope out when I get my GC L. I hope the company makes yours correct.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
If it makes you feel better, I didn't notice that several interior pieces of my now-departed Bronco were completely unclipped and hanging freely until a couple of days after delivery. That was just a harbinger for what was to come with that car - hopefully ill-fitting parts are the worst of your issues.

·
Jeepaholic
6,404 Posts
Man that sucks! Once again, charging a premium price without providing a premium product or experience. Hopefully they will make it right @falconma, and thanks for the pic of the "Merica"!

·
Premium Member
3,466 Posts
Vehicle should have not passed quality control IMHO. Question: since a VIN gets assigned to an order before the vehicle is build (as far as I know) how much "paperwork" is it for a manufacturer to put a vehicle like this aside and start over?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Vehicle should have not passed quality control IMHO. Question: since a VIN gets assigned to an order before the vehicle is build (as far as I know) how much "paperwork" is it for a manufacturer to put a vehicle like this aside and start over?

I’ve often wondered if a manufacturer receives a string of warranty repairs for assembly defects on new vehicles, does the manufacturer determine when and where the problem occurred (due to VIN), and try to determine if it was human or machine error? Perhaps trace the issue back to a specific employee?

If the repairs are needed due to human error at the assembly point, is anything done to re train or discipline the worker (if the work was consistently sloppy and not up to standards)?

If the repairs are needed as a result of machine error, is anything done to fix the machinery that caused the defects.

Perhaps member that work in an vehicle assembly plant can chime-in on this issue?

·
Registered
30 Posts
so wagoneer client services reached out to me preemptively on the windshield distortion issue and I now have a case number to work through them and the dealer, a positive sign but we’ll see if it amounts to anything. Dropped the GW off for service at the dealer to address the quality issues and the recall this morning, hopefully they will make everything right.

update

Ok, for what itsworth my dealership/Jeep are making everything right. They noticed my windshield issue was found on every other one they had on their lot and are buying replacements for all of them. They have a new steering wheel on order which they are forking over $1400 for according to them. The dash/pillar gap was due to a rushed Kahu/lojack install and they got everything fitted back properly. Also scheduling an upholstery fix for the tear in the back of the passenger seat. Radio static fix should hopefully be coming in an OTA update via Uconnect next week, and they are also addressing the trim misalignment on the roof. The parts/service manager walked through the vehicle with me and vowed they will do everything to make this vehicle right, and left me with a very good impression. Hope everyone else's issues get addressed with the same attention.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Today I finally stopped at a local dealer and took a brief look at the Wagoneer. I know the 2 vehicles were new on the lot as they weren't their a week ago. Both of them had the lift gate trim issue. How is this not fixed in production months after they started rolling off the line?
The Wagoneer is not something I would be interested in. Give me a Ram any day.

·
Registered
694 Posts
so wagoneer client services reached out to me preemptively on the windshield distortion issue and I now have a case number to work through them and the dealer, a positive sign but we’ll see if it amounts to anything. Dropped the GW off for service at the dealer to address the quality issues and the recall this morning, hopefully they will make everything right.

update

Ok, for what itsworth my dealership/Jeep are making everything right. They noticed my windshield issue was found on every other one they had on their lot and are buying replacements for all of them. They have a new steering wheel on order which they are forking over $1400 for according to them. The dash/pillar gap was due to a rushed Kahu/lojack install and they got everything fitted back properly. Also scheduling an upholstery fix for the tear in the back of the passenger seat. Radio static fix should hopefully be coming in an OTA update via Uconnect next week, and they are also addressing the trim misalignment on the roof. The parts/service manager walked through the vehicle with me and vowed they will do everything to make this vehicle right, and left me with a very good impression. Hope everyone else's issues get addressed with the same attention.

A safety recall so soon? What is the reason for the recall?

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts

update

I would also say that whatever person or persons that are inspecting these on the line must need new glasses.

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
38,060 Posts
I would also say that whatever person or persons that are inspecting these on the line must need new glasses.
Or new supervisors, because they might be flagging cars only to have others pass them through.

161 - 180 of 220 Posts