Allpar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 base 5 speed 2.4L. While looking for OEM rubber mats I noticed there is a part number for gen 1 [2001-2005] and a different part number for gen 2, 2006 and up. [I am aware a convertible may use different mats}. My real question is, I can't see any difference in the floor pans of the 4 door vehicles such that the floor mats would fit differently after 2006. Part numbers are different which could mean a design change. Or a true difference in size which I don't perceive. Anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
This is from an old MOPAR Accessories Catalog:

The only differences I see from the Gen1 - Gen2 is in the color of the mats that were offered and that the Gen2 come only as a complete set, where the Gen1 you could get the front or back sets separate

I also went to the WeatherTech website and using the search criteria for both years (2003 & 2006) they have the same part #'s for both, which leads me to believe that the mats are the same size for the Gen1 and Gen2. Also, they advertise that they are "Laser Measured for a Perfect Fit"

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser | Floor Mats - Laser measured floor mats for a perfect fit | WeatherTech (at https://www.weathertech.com/chrysler/2003/pt-cruiser/floorliner-digitalfit/ )

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser | Floor Mats - Laser measured floor mats for a perfect fit | WeatherTech (at https://www.weathertech.com/chrysler/2006/pt-cruiser/floorliner-digitalfit/bodystyle/5-door-hatchback/ )

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
23,664 Posts
The center console might have gotten wider for 2nd gen?

·
Registered
9,256 Posts
Yep, the center consoles did change, but they still have the same floor configuration. It's easy to make larger plastic pieces, I guess!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.