Allpar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2002 PT. When purchased both fobs have no battery. Tried 2032 but still not work. I read that I am meant to use 2016 but they look too narrow to fit in. I think my FOB is different to as it doesnt have the panic button like I have seen in photos. Can anyone help please.

·
Super Moderator
21,362 Posts
Some Chrysler fobs use 2 stacked batteries. If it is Chrysler, you will have a pentastar on it.
The case should have the required battery type and 'x1' or 'x2' printed on it.
If you don't have an owners manual for the car, you need to get one. There may be a free pdf manual online.
The battery contact clips sometimes fracture from the circuit board where they are soldered and need resoldering with a small solder iron tip. The clips can be gently resprung outwards for better clip contact with the battery.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Correct, when they first came out they had two stacked batteries... 2016... now replaced by one 2032.....(16x2=32). With out a VIN or a frequency scanner you dont know if they actually are sending a signal, or even programed to your PT. If you have any questions feel free to email me......... robatdamicos[at]hotmail.com

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
If it is Chrysler, you will have a pentastar on it.
The case should have the required battery type and 'x1' or 'x2' printed on it.
The fob for my 04 PT does not have the pentastar on it, but it does have DaimlerChrysler printed on the back. There is also no indication of battery type or number printed there as well.

That said, I took mine apart and it does have two 2016 batteries stacked.

·
Super Moderator
21,362 Posts

If the batteries and at least one fob is programmed to the vehicle, see if this helps. You may need to see a dealer if it doesn't (bring all fobs with you to the dealer). If you just purchased the unprogrammed fobs, they will need programming.

CUSTOMER PROGRAMMING

1. Insert the key into the ignition switch, and turn the ignition switch to the RUN position (without starting the vehicle).
    • Using the RKE transmitter programmed to the RKE module, press and continuously hold down the UNLOCK button for 4-10 seconds.
      • Within the 4-10 second time range, continue to hold the UNLOCK button and press the PANIC button. Both buttons may then be released. Upon the PANIC button being depressed, the message for customer programming mode will be transmitted to the RKE module.
        • A chime will be heard to verify that the customer programming mode has been entered.
          • Press and release any button on each transmitter that is to be programmed to the RKE module, including any transmitters which were previously programmed to the RKE module (with a maximum of four possible). After each transmitter is successfully programmed, a chime will be heard to verify that successful programming of the transmitter has occurred.
            • After thirty seconds, or upon the ignition switch being turned OFF, a chime will indicate that the RKE module has exited the programming mode.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My 2006 Stratus uses a 2016.
Does your fob say DaimlerChrysler on the back?
yep it does, i tried 2 stacked 2016's at the weekend still not go :(

The fob for my 04 PT does not have the pentastar on it, but it does have DaimlerChrysler printed on the back. There is also no indication of battery type or number printed there as well.

That said, I took mine apart and it does have two 2016 batteries stacked.
I tried two stacked ones at the weekend but still no go :( It does not have pentastar on it, but does have Daimler Chrysler. No indication of numbers. I tried stacking them a few different ways. I have also tried 2032 so maybe they need re programmed???

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
The 2 2016's should be stacked with the + sides up. There is a silver contact right by the batteries which makes contact with the circuit board in the other half of the fob. it should be standing up enough to make contact. If it is, it is beginning to sound like a trip to the dealer for programming is in order.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts