Allpar Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 Dodge Caravan Crew, with an Amerivan Eldorado HP accessibility conversion. Because I'm stuck in a wheelchair, I can't do my own work like I used to, so I get to pay over-inflated prices at the repair shop...:(

Last year at inspection time, both my fog lights were burned out, and the shop charged me $50 EACH for the :eek:replacement bulbs - incandescent crap (WHY in these days of LED's does anyone still heat tungsten???)

One of them has already burned out...o_O

Rather than paying $50-100 per year for lousy bulbs that don't even do that good a job, I want to replace them with LED bulbs that will last longer than the rest of the car, even if it just means buying the bulbs and handing them to the shop....

However I'm having serious trouble figuring out what to get.... It seems like every on-line place I look at comes up with a different part number and a different picture of the bulb :confused:

What is the bulb type that I should be looking for?

At least some shops and FleaBay show entire replacement light kits with the bumper inserts, fixtures, and bulbs for less than two bulbs - would that be a better way to go? At least then I'd know that everything fits...

While it would be nice to have lights that work better than a cheap flashlight, my main priority is being inspectable...

Thanks,
ex-Gooserider

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
According to Sylvania the fog lamp for your vehicle is a 2504

I would recommend using dielectric grease in the lamp socket to keep any moisture out of the socket.

·
Virginia Gentleman
15,167 Posts
According to Sylvania the fog lamp for your vehicle is a 2504

I would recommend using dielectric grease in the lamp socket to keep any moisture out of the socket.
I think this is correct - same bulb is used in my 2010 Journey though I did have to make a slight modification to the molding to make it fit in the slot. I purchased mine from Advance Auto. I replaced both a few years ago and haven't had to replace them since.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
22,020 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks - at least now I know what to look for... :):cool:
I am a big fan of dielectric grease, but hard to be sure the shop guys use it...
At any rate will definitely be upgrading to LED's or replacing the fixtures with one of the kits that upgrades them.

ex Gooserider

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Check the lamp housings for any corrosion or damage that could allow water to leak in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts