Allpar Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,
I've decided to let got of my old Daytona. My dad (previous owner) keyed me on this site, so I figured I'd give it a shot. As much as I'd love to see it remade, I don't have the time or resources to keep it. Edmunds puts this vehicle between $200 and $600, but I'm taking any offers. I hope I can find a happy home for it here.

Background:
I received this car as a graduation present in 2011/ 2012. It was my daily driver from San Diego to Riverside between 2012 and 2015, when engine overheating issues prompted me to buy a new car. Since, it has been driver on occasion around town. I try to run it for at least an hour each week so the engine doesn't crap out. Since our purchase, this car has:
- had it's engine rebuilt/ replaced (before 2015)
- had it's transmission replaced twice (before 2015)
- had the headlamp motors and nylon gears replaced (2013)
- had the thermostat/ radiator/ coolant fan motor replaced (before 2015, motor replaced 2020)

Technical Info:
Model: 1991 Daytona ES
Engine: 3.0 V6 (replaced 2014)
Transmission: 5spd automatic (replaced 2014)
Odometer: 127741 miles
Features:
- Power windows
- Power seats
- Power mirrors
- AM/ FM cassette deck
Misc:
- Smog certified in California Feb '21
- Clear interior
- No cracking on the dash
Known Issues:
- The tachometer is futzy. When operating the headlamps, the tach will jump from idle (sub 1k RPM) to 5k+ RPM while idling.
- There is an electrical issue that causes the battery to drain when left connected.
- The rubber window flaps have been broken off. They had hardened, cracked, and greatly restrained window operation.
- The passenger's side of the plastic nose cover has a large chip missing from it. I bumped a parked car in a tight parking lot in '12/ '13. No insurance action taken.
- The driver's side door requires and upward lift/ jerk (in addition to pulling of the handle) to open.
- General paint wear.

Here are a few pics and videos I took of it a few months ago (Oct '20). I flip-flopped on wanting to let it go, but ended up letting it sit a while. All pics and info are current enough (Only major change is having put 30 more miles on it and replacing the negative battery cable).
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Steering part
Speedometer Odometer Tachometer Vehicle Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Car seat cover Vehicle
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle door Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive air manifold Automotive design

Uploaded vids to youtube. They show functionality of interior electronics.
Headlamp operation:

Passenger's side window operation:

Driver's side window operation:

Door lock operation:

Am/FM radio operation:

Mirror operation: 1991 Dodge Daytona Electronic Mirror Operation

Closing and Contact:
Looking to sell a '91 Daytona located in California.
Please contact Jesse at [email protected] with any questions.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts