Allpar Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Plymouth Duster 340, 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4XE
174 Posts
Ford is definitely having teething problems.
But at least they have a steady flow of new product instead of a trickle. Products people are lining up to buy. So if they get the issues taken care of quickly, they could still be in good standing. If not, ouch!
Ford is in deep doo doo imho. Bronco launch was botched with lousy hardtops and engine failures, now the electric Mustang stop sale order and all the rest. You couldn't give me a new Ford now. So lots of new product, half assed and with issues, ultimately isn't going to help them at all.

·
Jeepaholic
6,950 Posts
I’ve been no stranger to recalls over the years, with all our brands. You get a notice, and either you make an appointment to go in to have it taken care of, or you wait until they tell you the parts are in and then you make the appointment. And some, like the gas tank “fix” mysteriously happen when you take your vehicle in for something else and then happen to notice a brand new trailer hitch on the back of said vehicle that wasn’t there before. Lol.

Yes, some recalls are more urgent than others, and some will cost more for the manufacturer to resolve. As I’ve said many times, recalls are a good thing for the customer. It means the manufacturer has acknowledged an issue and is taking steps to fix it for the customer. It’s not a case of the customer having to battle with the manufacturer…my family did lots of that when I was younger, and it was with Ford.

Typically Ford (with our current vehicles) and Jeep have always been pretty good for us with the recalls. Buick, “we’ll call you when the parts come in” is like the cute girl in the bar taking YOUR number and saying she’ll call YOU. It ain’t gonna happen. :LOL:

·
Registered
1979 Lincoln Town Car, 1987 Chevrolet Silverado, 1990 Chrysler Imperial
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I think this recall is pretty bad considering the scope and sheer number of cars involved. Not to mention the glaring issue of their assembly forgetting to put in a part that is needed.

·
Premium Member
2002 Ram 2500 Quad Cab 4x4 with Cummins. 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude
5,468 Posts
Like I've said in previous posts, don't be shocked if Ford gets a pass. A wide swath of the public considers them untouchable because they didn't need a bailout. Anyone that knows anything about the auto business knows that they were just behind GM and Chrysler in the bankruptcy corner had things continued to go the way they did.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
And yet according to some even on here, Ford makes a superior product and takes way better care of it's customers then FCA does. The new electric Mustang also has a stop sale issued as well. Apparently no fix for that either. FCA isn't without criticisms, but Ford certainly is no better either, even with poaching all of Chrysler's engineers evidently.
We wouldn’t let someone go if they were worth keeping! 👍

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
40,210 Posts
Like I've said in previous posts, don't be shocked if Ford gets a pass. A wide swath of the public considers them untouchable because they didn't need a bailout. Anyone that knows anything about the auto business knows that they were just behind GM and Chrysler in the bankruptcy corner had things continued to go the way they did.
Some would call that multi-billion low-interest DOE loan, not available to GM or Chrysler, to be a bailout...

·
Jeepaholic
6,950 Posts
To be fair though, LOTS of companies were right behind GM and Chrysler in the bankruptcy line had things continued to go downhill. Ford just had their hand out before things really went south, so they got to spell bailout differently….L-O-A-N.

Reactions: tlc and DC-93

·
Administrator
1974 Plymouth Valiant - 2013 Dodge Dart - 2013 Chrysler 300C
40,210 Posts
As I recall, it got so bad for Ford they mortgaged their logo. But hey...........
Yes, a lot of their ability to get through was making sure they had cash. Irony: had 2008 occurred ten years earlier, Chrysler would have been the only automaker to be healthy throughout without even needing to borrow.

·
Jeepaholic
6,950 Posts
Ford had sold off Jaguar and Land Rover to Tata for a couple of billion $$ too, which gave them some cash as well. Granted they paid twice that for them originally….

Like when we sold our last house in 2019, we lost money compared to what we paid for it (Thanks to the big crash in 2008 or so) If we had sold it now, we would’ve had a bidding war. Such is life.

·
Jeepaholic
6,950 Posts
I wonder how the amount recalls from ford compares to others based on per-capita of vehicals sold, but at any rate 2.9 million is huge
It’s a massive number, especially when combined with the lots of other recalls they’ve had over the past few years. Honestly, I’m amazed they have money left over for new product.

Reactions: Shane Estabrooks

·
Super Moderator
40,814 Posts
The Audi recall, like many other recalls, says there is a recall recently announced and parts will be made available in the future. Many FCA recalls were the same. If you show up before the parts are available, yeah the repair isn’t made.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts