Allpar Forums banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have a 2021 Q5 and I had a couple of recalls. One was a seat belt issue and one was some sort of a module issue that my service manager says isn't going to cause your vehicle to suddenly stop or anything like that. She just said when you bring your Q5 in for a 10k maintenance, she'll have everything ready to be replaced. When I brought my Q5 in, everything was done and never had any issues with it.

780 Posts

That brings the total number of vehicles recalled by Ford to around 5 million now in a single year?

Ford is still on a roll...........

Ford is issuing yet another safety recall and stop-sale order involving (53,103) 2021 and 2022 Ford Bronco models, for a potentially defective child safety lock mechanism on the right rear door: Ford letter warns 2021-22 Bronco could have faulty child safety lock

·
Registered
1979 Lincoln Town Car, 1987 Chevrolet Silverado, 1990 Chrysler Imperial
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Ford is still on a roll...........

Ford is issuing yet another safety recall and stop-sale order involving (53,103) 2021 and 2022 Ford Bronco models, for a potentially defective child safety lock mechanism on the right rear door: Ford letter warns 2021-22 Bronco could have faulty child safety lock
FWIW at least that one isn't as dangerous as the other ones. My one friend was going to buy one of those new Bronco's. I told him to wait since it's the first model year, he ended renting an apartment instead.

780 Posts

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Interesting.

But, Toyota recalling 2,700 vehicles is a lot less than Ford recalling 2.9 million vehicles.

Since this was their first BEV - surely an embarrassment for Toyota, as they pride themselves on reliability.
I agree. It's the embarrassment that is the biggest failure. Majority of these recalls shock me at how strange they are and how they don't even know how to fix them.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Wow, 100k more. Not looking good for them at all. If that F-150 Lighting has any significant recalls it would be disastrous for ford.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts