Allpar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The forums now automatically switch to secure mode regardless of how you came in, but if someone has posted a picture in a thread using an insecure link, the little lock won't show up. Everything else is encrypted. Let me know of any problems?

·
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!
8,808 Posts
I've been using a browser plugin that forces https for some time now on desktops, no issues other than a couple of avatars that error, possibly hosted on third-party sites that don't have SSL. Mobile client seems to be OK with the change.

·
Super Moderator
36,933 Posts
I am having trouble with this thread.
https://www.allpar.com/forums/topic/151854-dart-gt24-makes-a-huge-diffrence/page-4#entry11371594
Like many other threads I get a "Security Warning" popup from Internet Explorer 8 on Win 7 64 bit that asks me if I want to view only the content that was delivered securely.
On the other threads I can answer No and can view the thread. On this particular thread, after I click either Yes or No, the page comes up temporarily then another popup is displayed: Unable to open the Internet site. It lists the page then says Operation aborted. I click OK on that popup all I end up with is the full page Internet Explorer cannot display the page.

Edit:
Now the behavior has changed slightly since I tried earlier. If I tell it yes to only secure, it now will display the page without pics. If I tell it no, the page won't display (no change there). Still the only thread I've found with this issue.

·
Registered
377 Posts
IE 10 shows the security certificate warning and there is an issue with replying with a quote. Chrome works fine as does Opera.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I am too having issues with IE asking if I want to display all content, isle I don't click yes I cannot reply in the forms. Also I having to hit refresh quite a bit now, as only half the page will load.

My iPad with safari works just fine, no issues.

·
Registered
12,224 Posts
Windows 8 and IE 10 working just fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts