Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new addon pack just came out and in it, the 2012 Charger SRT8. I bought just the charger and painted it up, hope you enjoy.

oooOOOooooo, i made the decals but i bought the little superbee off the storefront

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
Well you can get different wheels in that game too, ya know. lol -- when I can afford that carpack i will get the Charger @ the very least. I want them to do the new 300SRT too. 'specially since u can put a viper engine in em. I did so to my Challenger.

I have a RWD Neon SRT ACR. It's my drifting car. :D

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Im going to be really pissed at Gran Turismo 6 if they dont do anything special for the Viper during the Debute... dang game has like 7 Nissan Stock GTR's... Still no new SRT 8 Models

·
Registered
387 Posts
Digging up this old thread here.

The May DLC will have the 2012 Wrangler Rubicon and the 2012 300 SRT8. The rest of the pack suck, but I've been waiting for the 300 SRT8 for a while. :)

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
I have both 3 SRT8's - the Jeep (last gen), the '12 Charger & the prev. Charger. You can make the '12 SRT8 into an SRT10, and make it into a cop-car. Well, the push-bars anyways.

Cant wait to play with the Wrangler & the Smart car in that game.. Apparently you can have a winch on the Rubicon.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
^ Yeah the Wrangler can get a winch, and steel bumpers.

The new 300SRT8 is also pretty sick.

I think I have at least one of all the SRT8s now.

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
It's got the Pentastar; I was hoping we could use the 6.1 from the 1st Cherokee SRT8. But no; just a supercharger.

The Raptor can get the higher-end Ford Racing engines. (nascar iirc)

btw, if any of you want to add me, my gamertag is the same as my screen-name. lol

Also- the Pacer isn't half bad ironically, and the Jeep jumps pretty good. Haven't tried the Raptor, and the Ford wagon jumps well too.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Im going to be really pissed at Gran Turismo 6 if they dont do anything special for the Viper during the Debute... dang game has like 7 Nissan Stock GTR's... Still no new SRT 8 Models
That's because GT5 is Japan-land based. You've got through Heat, water, people, Japan, and your alter ego before K. Yamauchi even thinks of reading a note you wrote on the bathroom stall. Besides that, GT5 was rushed out because litle [this word has been banned due to its use as a pointless flame tool]ys threatened to leave Sony for the oxbox 420. when GT5 was released, it was in beta spec. it still is as a matter of fact. Standard & Premium Cars are my support to my statement.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
That's because GT5 is Japan-land based. You've got through Heat, water, people, Japan, and your alter ego before K. Yamauchi even thinks of reading a note you wrote on the bathroom stall. Besides that, GT5 was rushed out because litle [this word has been banned due to its use as a pointless flame tool]ys threatened to leave Sony for the oxbox 420. when GT5 was released, it was in beta spec. it still is as a matter of fact. Standard & Premium Cars are my support to my statement.
GT5 is the last gran turismo game i will ever buy. The 5,000 miatas and no new SRTs don't help the situation either

Forza for me!

·
Registered
267 Posts
GT5 is the last gran turismo game i will ever buy. The 5,000 miatas and no new SRTs don't help the situation either
you won't buy GT4 again?? LoL... :lol:

GT5 has been out for nearly 2 years now, and the only new cars we got were the Avent-a-Door, V12 Vantage, Countryman, sirocco (or however you spell it), the Golfer, and another. That's about 6 cars (those touring cars don't count, those are just RM versoins of the cars you can't) over 2 years, vs. Forza's 120 cars EVERY year. GT4 was better than GT5, simply because of the functions (port polish for your motor, more races, specific used car dealers, the cars, the tracks, and the Gran Turismo factor.), and the practicality. it seems as if GT5 was engineered by 4 toddlers in a car (sorry for any toddlers I offended, but if you can read this, toy are SURE to understand what i'm saying.)

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
.. idk - I have the collectors edition GT5. Yeah, i like Forza for customization and relevance (as far as car selection goes), but for the rest of it.. GT5 wins. The online free-play mode (ie, you can load in & out on-the-fly), the much quickerload-sequences and i still think the physics in GT5 are superior, despite being able to drift more easily in Forza. I like the fact that GT has rally tracks, and rally cars. I think what people are most disappointed with in GT5, is that they promised ALOT and did not deliver on what they promised. Like the Standard vs. Premium cars, most of which seem to be straight uploads from GT4 with no modifications. I like the way GT5 runs better than Forza. Yeah, the "standard" cars that seem to be a direct upload from GT4 was part of that let-down; the fact you cant get very close to them in photomode also sucks, and that you cant even do photo-travel with them, is equally irritating. Not to mention, Forza seems to come up with almost the same game in a third of the time it took for them to release GT5, so I can totally see the frustrations, but I still think that GT5 is the better overall game for my money. BTW - DLC is DLC, whether you like the vehicles on the list or not. I like my Challenger TC. I even like my Prius, it's a fun lil vacuum cleaner.. lol

I got Forza to play with the Mopar cars that aren't in GT5, the functional aero of the high-end cars & some muscle cars, and the vinyl editor, and the monthly DLC. I think there are some parts of Forza that are absolutely stupid, too. Like the autoVista. That is great, but odds are, as an enthusiast you already know all there is to know about these cars. Just to hear Clarkson (sometimes) talk about it, seems like a huge waste of time & money to me. I also dislike the slow-zones. I understand the purpose of them, but I wish you could turn them off, just to have some off-track idiotic fun. The slow-zones kill the fun, and some of them are in the stupidest spots (like in some cases, where you cant help but get a tire or two off the road in a high-powered car with no aids). The other thing I find odd, is the amount of off-road ready vehicles they've had in their DLC; like the aforementioned Raptor, and Wrangler, not to mention the Ram and others. Why would you release these vehicles into a game that has no dirt tracks, and no tracks with a jump outside of Nurb (or off-tracking @ LaSarthe.. er, old LeMans as its called in Forza.?

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
you won't buy GT4 again?? LoL... :lol:

GT5 has been out for nearly 2 years now, and the only new cars we got were the Avent-a-Door, V12 Vantage, Countryman, sirocco (or however you spell it), the Golfer, and another. That's about 6 cars (those touring cars don't count, those are just RM versoins of the cars you can't) over 2 years, vs. Forza's 120 cars EVERY year. GT4 was better than GT5, simply because of the functions (port polish for your motor, more races, specific used car dealers, the cars, the tracks, and the Gran Turismo factor.), and the practicality. it seems as if GT5 was engineered by 4 toddlers in a car (sorry for any toddlers I offended, but if you can read this, toy are SURE to understand what i'm saying.)
No, as in I won't buy GT6...if it ever arrives.

·
Registered
267 Posts
No, as in I won't buy GT6...if it ever arrives.
By the time GT6 comes out, We'll have a convertible challenger from the factory. ;)

but GT6 is already rumored to be in development "since they have karts in the game". lets look at the release date gaps!*

(according to the GT website)

Gran Turismo- 1999
Gran Turismo 2- 1999
Gran Turismo 3- 2001
Gran Turismo 4- 2004
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue- 2008
Gran Turismo PSP- 2009
Gran Turismo 5- 2010

Thats a 6 year gap between 4 and 5, so, GT6 I'd say would be around 2016-8, when nearly the majority of all of the cars on the road will be 'letric or cardboard box motors. :eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
387 Posts
btw, if any of you want to add me, my gamertag is the same as my screen-name. lol
I don't have Xbox Live Gold... can't do any of the online stuff unfortunately.

I still really like GT5, it most certainly drives better than Forza does, it also has better track selections (accurate Nurburgring, more La Sarthe varients, Monaco and SPA!!!), functioning headlights and night racing!
Car selection is nowhere close to what Forza offers though, and both games can use more tracks (Mosport, Thunderhill, original La Sarthe, original Spa, etc); but I still like both. Never understood why people must always love one and hate the other...

·
Resident Photoshop Nerd
7,997 Posts
Unfortunately my PS3 has become ill - YLOD' on me a few weeks ago. It's an original 60-gig so its not surprising that it overheated.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Unfortunately my PS3 has become ill - YLOD' on me a few weeks ago. It's an original 60-gig so its not surprising that it overheated.
I know you feel my first gen. ps3 did the YLOD months ago.Tryed the repair that only fixed it twice. So no gt5 til new system.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I know a fix. My 80gb MOTORSTORM edition decided to quit on me one night and after the fix it lasted 8 more months.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts