Allpar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found what I think is a 68 Dart GT that I'm attempting to buy from the owner. It's a 2 door hardtop and I think was originally a 273 V8 with a 4spd. The car currently has a 383 and an auto transmission. It's been off the road for ~16 years and needs a total resto due to rust, cracked dash pad, minor body damage, etc.

I don't want to insult the owner so what kinda of $$$ offer should I make him?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fender Tag Decodes to the following:

CAR: 1968 Dodge Dart GT 2 Door Hardtop
ENGINE: 273cid 2-bbl V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Manual Column Shift (I think this is wrong. Pretty sure it supposed to be a 4-spd on the floor)
TIRES: Unknown tire code
BUILD DATE: August 28.
AXLE: 2.94 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR: Premium Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Black Interior.
PAINT: Monotone White Paint.
OTHER: Black Upper Door Frame Color.
MOLDINGS: 25: Drip Rail Mouldings
30: Body Belt Mouldings
55: Body Side Mouldings
78: Wheel Lip Mouldings
ABC OPTIONS: R1: AM Radio
Y6: Black Vinyl Top
abc OPTIONS: b4: Bucket Seats
m6: Driver's Outside Remote Operated Mirror

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The owner might actually have the original engine. I still haven't talked to him. Just family members. Supposedly he got it to restore it.

I didn't see a shifter on the column. There was a hole in the floor for the auto transmission shifter. This hole was then patched with a piece that was riveted in.

I'm looking for good project to start with my son. It could be an original resto if the original engine and trans are available or somewhat of a restomod otherwise.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.