Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
2,570 Posts
Maybe this is a case of shoot the messenger, but can we call them Dodge Rams again? Maybe that is unfair, and he had nothing to do with that.

Best of luck to him, hopefully he doesn't raid the cupboards of future Ram ideas and they end up on a Titan.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
What in the world? How common is it for someone who spent probably most of their adult life at a company to just up and quit? Wonder if this has anything to do with the botched Ram 3500 launch?

·
Durango Dave!
843 Posts
Wow... That blows... I hope it was head-hunting and not anything more.

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts

Automotive News is reporting that Fred Diaz, CEO of the Ram brand and Chrysler of Mexico, is leaving the Chrysler Group become Nissan Division's vice president of sales and marketing. While there has been no confirmation from Chrysler, Diaz would be the first brand-level executive to voluntarily leave Chrysler since the company emerged from bankruptcy in 2009. In his new post, Diaz will report to Jose Munoz, Nissan's new senior vice president o sales and marketing for North and South America. Diaz will replace Al Castignetti, who is leaving Nissan after a 15-year stint.

View the original, full post

·
Moderator/Lead Reporter - Motorsports News Section
10,011 Posts
Fred was partly responsible for RAM to enter the TORC Series, this news indeed does stink! Under Diaz, RAM has won 2 TORC truck titles & won a NASCAR Truck race last year! Add to the RAM is the 2013 Motor Trend Truck of the Year along with other awards RAM has received. Hope his replacement can step up & carry on the success Fred had!

·
Banned
3,474 Posts
Best of luck to him, but I must say that I would have expected to hear the news from Chrysler, not Nissan.
Very odd.

Reactions: MoparDanno

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
This is terrible, I can't believe it, this is a true disaster for Chrysler.

During the past two years I had the chance to meet with top executives from Nissan, they always kept showing a very strong interest in the Ram, they discussed several matter that I will not reveal, I know Fred met with them, but I never could imagine this kind of news.
I can't understand why they let him go, he just made big things for the RAM and for Chrysler Mexico. He just seemed very proud about the Ram and About Mexican operations, this must be a joke.

This is what his new boss said about him.

"Fred Diaz is one of the most experienced, results-driven sales and marketing executives in our industry, and we are privileged to welcome him to Nissan,"

He is right, Diaz is very smart, he knows what he is doing, well now what can we think or said about the future of the RAM.

Who knows now, maybe Ralph will also leave Chrysler,.................

I'm sad, this is a TRUE LOSS

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
This is what we didn't need, now we can say Chrysler is in trouble, this is a true loss, why did CHRYSLER LET HIM GO?

Why is Chrysler silent???????????

Shame on Chrysler, what a terrible mistake Chrysler made with Fred.
We will miss him, he is a very talent executives, nobody could play games with him, he fired a couple of NASTY top executives from Chrysler, like Mr. Villanueva who was making not a very nice job inside Chrysler.
What a loss, this isn't about racing, this is about the RAM, we just got from him a winner, RAM is so good because of him, let's now see what will Chrysler say about this story, shame on them, that they are silent about it.
Who knows, maybe they will also let go Ralph in the near future.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
HOLY CRAP!

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
This is devastating, this is the worst news we can hear, RAM is now having a momentum, and the boss goes to Nissan !!!!!!!!!!!

CRAP!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I recall both Diaz and RAM getting awards within the last three months and SM contemporaneously made comments that all the smiling and backslapping that ensued the awards would lead to complacency. I don't know if one has anything to do with the other; however, I thought SM's comments were odd. Diaz's departure is a loss.

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
They must have offered him the world on a platter... Wow!

·
Mopar-nac The Moderator
26,427 Posts
Vulpine said:
Does this mean we will finally see JEEP-branded pickups again?
Really? A replacement clearly hasn't been named yet and by the lack of a press release from Chrysler it appears they may have been blind sided by a poaching from Nissan.

They must have have been one hell of an offer to make him leave.

Mike

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When you are at the top, and this is the case with Fred, it is no surprise to look to where you can professionally & financially have an advantage of this..

He, sure, turned Ram to be more recognizable than ever..

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts

Ram and Mexico sales chief Fred Diaz has quit Chrysler Group in favor of a job at Nissan, as vice president of sales and marketing. In that role, he will, in essence, run Nissan within the United States. Our interview with Fred Diaz at the recent New York Auto Show is currently featured on Allpar’s home page. There was no indication before the announcement that Diaz had any problems with Chrysler or vice versa. However, heading Nissan is likely to be a lower-pressure job than the dual role of running Ram and all Chrysler’s operations in Mexico, with less of an expectation of extended working hours. Given Chrysler’s recent success, competitors are likely to find the company’s executives and engineers more attractive.

·
Automated System
2,770 Posts

Ram and Mexico sales chief Fred Diaz has quit Chrysler Group in favor of a job at Nissan, as vice president of sales and marketing. In that role, he will, in essence, run Nissan within the United States. Our interview with Fred Diaz at the recent New York Auto Show is currently featured on Allpar’s home page. There was no indication before the announcement that Diaz had any problems with Chrysler or vice versa. However, heading Nissan is likely to be a lower-pressure job than the dual role of running Ram and all Chrysler’s operations in Mexico, with less of an expectation of extended working hours. Given Chrysler’s recent success, competitors are likely to find the company’s executives and engineers more attractive. Source: Automotive News

·
Moderator/Lead Reporter - Motorsports News Section
10,011 Posts
Mr.Source said:
This is terrible, I can't believe it, this is a true disaster for Chrysler.

During the past two years I had the chance to meet with top executives from Nissan, they always kept showing a very strong interest in the Ram, they discussed several matter that I will not reveal, I know Fred met with them, but I never could imagine this kind of news.
I can't understand why they let him go, he just made big things for the RAM and for Chrysler Mexico. He just seemed very proud about the Ram and About Mexican operations, this must be a joke.

This is what his new boss said about him.

"Fred Diaz is one of the most experienced, results-driven sales and marketing executives in our industry, and we are privileged to welcome him to Nissan,"

He is right, Diaz is very smart, he knows what he is doing, well now what can we think or said about the future of the RAM.

Who knows now, maybe Ralph will also leave Chrysler,.................

I'm sad, this is a TRUE LOSS
Lets not jump off the deep end about Ralph ok?

Mopar392 said:
When you are at the top, and this is the case with Fred, it is no surprise to look to where you can professionally & financially have an advantage of this..

He, sure, turned Ram to be more recognizable than ever..
This is why I have been telling people to be proud of the RAM branding instead of calling our trucks a Dodge!

1 - 20 of 115 Posts