Allpar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what forum this would fall under so I'll put it here - moderators can feel free move it.

This site has other car makers manuals too. It limited now but with online community help the database will grow. Unfortunately, I didn't see any manuals for my car.

http://www.justgivemethedamnmanual.com

·
KOG
7,002 Posts
Now if someone would just post shop[ manuals---. It is a help having owners manuals for late model stuff because there are so many obscure procedures to deal with electronic gadgets. I've bookmarked this one already.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Just my luck. Nothing for the 200 yet.

·
Super Moderator
36,928 Posts
You should be able to get the 200 owner's manual from the Chrysler website. Register, if you haven't already, and your car's service history can be tracked in the Owner's section and you'll be able to access and download the PDF format owner's manual.

·
Super Moderator
31,984 Posts
Correct. The dealer gives you a copy of the User's Guide. The Owner's Manual is more comprehensive and is free online as shown above.

The 2012 Chrysler 200 service manual is $135 online, in CD format only, through the Chrysler website.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Bob Lincoln said:
Correct. The dealer gives you a copy of the User's Guide. The Owner's Manual is more comprehensive and is free online as shown above.

The 2012 Chrysler 200 service manual is $135 online, in CD format only, through the Chrysler website.
I think that is an outrageous price, and hurts the company in the long run. Do they not want to have service information almost in the public domain so the cars are maintained and fixed properly which contributes to a perception of reliability for the brand?

·
Super Moderator
31,984 Posts
Well, 21 years ago it was $90 for the paper 3-volume set. There is a LOT of valuable information contained in an FSM, it has saved me thousands of dollars over the years. I don't see a $135 investment as a big deal, especially spread out over 10+ years. You could save the entire cost in one repair.

I just wish it were still paper. I carry the manuals out to the car and flip pages. I don't want to have to print out loose sheets for every job.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Paper owners manuals are available through the Chrysler 800 number. They are free if you order in the first twelve months of ownership.

·
Super Moderator
31,984 Posts
Really. I just missed that with my wife's car.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Thanks for the information, Gentlemen. JTE, I'm gonna call that number in just a few minutes and see if they can hook me up.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Just got off the phone with a delightful young lady named Carly. She's going to hook me up with a copy of the owners manual and warranty manual. No cost and I can expect them in 7 to 10 business days via UPS. Wooohooo! Thanks KCT for the information. I did see in the users manual where they tell you that you can order these items if you're the first registered owner of the car. It's in the maintenance chapter.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Bob Lincoln said:
Well, 21 years ago it was $90 for the paper 3-volume set. There is a LOT of valuable information contained in an FSM, it has saved me thousands of dollars over the years. I don't see a $135 investment as a big deal, especially spread out over 10+ years. You could save the entire cost in one repair.

I just wish it were still paper. I carry the manuals out to the car and flip pages. I don't want to have to print out loose sheets for every job.
well, the 1998 3 Volume Diagnostic Set for my Plymouth cost me just $65 from Chrysler/TechAuthority, (I actually found a 1999 JA FSM at a VERY Cheap Price at McKay's Used bookstore in Nashville, Charlie Probably knows what I'm talking about) but now they DO NOT Offer the Chassis or Body Diagnostic Manuals, so I'm Glad I bought them when I did! I also managed to snag from that same used bookstore a Full Four Volume FSM set for 1988 Chrysler cars!

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Oh yeah, Patrick. I'm very familiar with McKays. I've been an avid reader since age 4 and passed that on to both of my kids. They absolutely love McKays.

·
Super Moderator
31,984 Posts
digitalrailroader said:
well, the 1998 3 Volume Diagnostic Set for my Plymouth cost me just $65 from Chrysler/TechAuthority, (I actually found a 1999 JA FSM at a VERY Cheap Price at McKay's Used bookstore in Nashville, Charlie Probably knows what I'm talking about) but now they DO NOT Offer the Chassis or Body Diagnostic Manuals, so I'm Glad I bought them when I did! I also managed to snag from that same used bookstore a Full Four Volume FSM set for 1988 Chrysler cars!
If you wait, the price does come down. But you risk unavailability, and not having it earlier in the car's life when you might need it. I bought my 92 Dakota in 2003, the manual was down to $67 by then.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts