Allpar Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my friend just bought a 2012 Chrysler Town & Country Touring-L! Was an interesting experience, too say the least, but after three dealers he got the deal he was looking for.

The first van we looked at was at LA Motor Village, basis on today, I wold never go back, they tried to sell him a van that had 7200 miles, but was still new. They said it was sold once, but the deal fell threw. Thus the van was missing the all the VES headphones, was dirty and sticky, took 20 min to start than it refused to stay running, since the battery was toast. Just not impressive, especially since the sales guy knew we where coming, you old think thy would have the van ready for us too see and drive.

The second dealer, Champion Dodge, had the van he wanted and ready for us to see and drive. Van was perfect, however they could not come an agreement. They had great customer service, however.

Third dealer was charm, Bakersfield Chrysler was the ticket, they where fast and came to quick agreement on the van. The only thing the van was lacking, NAV but had everything he was looking for.

It was one long 12 hour day, but we cam home in a new van!

I will post some pic soon.

·
Virginia Gentleman
14,671 Posts
The first van we looked at was at LA Motor Village, basis on today, I wold never go back, they tried to sell him a van that had 7200 miles, but was still new. They said it was sold once, but the deal fell threw. Thus the van was missing the all the VES headphones, was dirty and sticky, took 20 min to start than it refused to stay running, since the battery was toast. Just not impressive, especially since the sales guy knew we where coming, you old think thy would have the van ready for us too see and drive.
7200 miles? I hardly call that new. Usually once a title has been issued a vehicle can no longer be considered new. Something doesn't add up here. Sounds like they did sell it, but the financing fell through or it was repo'd. I don't know how they could try to resell it without at least cleaning it up, and resolving the starting/running issues. I'd guess whoever "bought" it drove it hard and put it away wet.

Glad your friend was able to score a new van for a good price.

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not only that, but the over all customer service was poor and we about the only people there!

I was under the impression that this Dealer was some of the best, I have to admit the showroom was like no other, very slick setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts