Allpar Forums banner

front caliper hose replacement grancaravan 96

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  bastart 
Another gotcha is that some flex hoses come through with thinner copper washers than original - noticeably thinner. I had a small persistent leak after a replacement, and had to go out and buy another set of copper washers from the Help! section of Autozone, which were the same thickness as the original. So compare the new washers to the old before installation. I want to say the old were something like .070 inches thick even after crush/use, and the new ones supplied with the hose were something like .032 inches.

Washers had to have been there. They get mashed in so well that you might not see them.

Good luck. I never heard of using neoprene washers on a banjo bolt. The torque is about 20 ft-lbs, I would think it would leak. Let us know what happens. I bought copper washers from the Help! section of the auto parts store, and measured that they were about .071" thick, which was twice what came with the replacement calipers. The thin ones leaked, the thick ones held.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.