Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2000 Concorde LXi front door handle moves properly but won't trigger release of the latch. Inside door handle opens door without incident. This doesn't appear to be an electrical issue (like the lock latches I've replaced over the years). According to the Factory Service Manual, there apear to be two rods with right angle bends to a short short dangling from the handle itself. They look like the rods I remember connecting to the electrical latch but.... I don't know. This appears to be a mechanical issue rather than electrical.

Can anyone shed light that might give me an idea what I'll need to buy (if anything) before I remove that inner door panel?

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
There is a slot on the end of the door. Reach in with an Allen wrench and loosen the Allen screw there, pull up on the wrench a little bit to raise the latch assembly inside, and tighten the screw. It may take a few tries.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope it's as simple as your suggestion, Bob. I think it might be cecause since I made the original post, I drover the car but got so irritated with the handle that I yanked hard upward ... and it opened. Of course I don't want to do that all the time so I'll give your suggestion a shot in the AM. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
It's a common problem on some cars like my Daytona. Has happened to me twice.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update! Wasn't the position of the latch. It was the loose of a Torques screw on the lowest level rod connection of the actuator. Yes.... I had to disassemble the door!

Reassembled and it works perfectly. However, something apparently got disturbed in the process because now I can't unlock all doors with one push of the button. I can lock them.... but not unlock them. During the disassembly I did NOT pull the plug to the actuator until I was half finished with the process. When I reassembled, to assure a firm fit, I used a small block of wood on either side of the wire connecting to the plug and tapped it little with a hammer to assure a firm fit. It's awfully tight in there and my hand fills the space. But I did get everything completed without too much trouble.

But now I need to get some advice on that electrical issue; see "Auto Door Lock Failure"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts