Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 Sebring jxi, every time I put it in reverse or drive or come to a stop I get a sound that is like a clicking or spring unwinding. It doesn't make the loud clicking when turning like a cv joint. But when I had wheel off I can twist wheel a few inches in either diction is that normal? im kinda lost.

·
Super Moderator
31,983 Posts
Welcome to Allpar.

Single click, or clicks with each revolution of the wheels?

Yes, it's normal for there to be some rotational play in the driveline.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is like sounds like a spinning or a unwinding, it,s only when I frist stick it in gear, its gone when I drive, I hear it faintly when I come to a stop.

·
Super Moderator
31,983 Posts
That's what I was thinking.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok I seen this pack when I was under the car, is this a big issues. could it cause me other issues. I have a few oil leaks but want to make sure the car isn't gonna die on me before I do the work, can oil leaking on the pack cause this issues and if so will it clear up just by being cleaned up? thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
It's not necessarily a problem as the clicking is the solenoid pulsing to apply pressure slower. It's done slowly so as to avoid a clunk when shifting into drive or reverse.

Thanks
Randy

ok I seen this pack when I was under the car, is this a big issues. could it cause me other issues. I have a few oil leaks but want to make sure the car isn't gonna die on me before I do the work, can oil leaking on the pack cause this issues and if so will it clear up just by being cleaned up? thanks for the help guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts