Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Good report.
OEM rubber is the way to go...usually...but toward the end, Daimler used some really cheap bushings.
Bob can tell some horror stories about the Liberty front end bushings.
Many aftermarket bushings are polyurethane and are worse! There are several sources of aftermarket replacement bushings that are OEM spec rubber or better and they make a world of difference.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
The NAPA bushings are likely rubber.
OEM replacements parts are usually similar to OEM. "Aftermarket" is not to be confused with OEM replacement parts.
Aftermarket would be a similar but changed spec part like from Energy Suspension Systems or Daystar.
Quality Aftermarket companies like AEV use high quality rubber and not polyurethane in most of their suspension replacement parts, in order to maintain factory like performance or better.

·
Active Jeeper
31,129 Posts
Ahh, I remember that front end clunking on my WK. It started around 18,000 miles.

I don't miss it (the noise). Took it to the dealer and they said everything was fine. (Duh, they always say that).

I eventually just started ignoring it, *and* the highway rear axle whine.
Aren't you the front bushing installer? :lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.