Allpar Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Is pushing for progress!
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been trying to figure out where tow points (somewhere to hook to) are on a 2018 Jeep Cherokee Limited, and I am not having much luck finding them, but I may just be missing them. (I have been trying to shoot photos of the underside of my car from my phone.

·
Yes, This MK Goes Off-Road
1,317 Posts
Are you taking about tow points for recovery or something like for hooking up to pull behind an RV? You won't find anything obvious on a non-Trailhawk, as the preferred attaching points are the front of the "frame" rails where the tow hooks would attach. You'd have to take the bumper fascia off to see the frame mounting points. It's possible to buy Cherokee tow hooks and hardware to install them but that also requires making cutouts in the bumper fascia for them to be accessible.

·
Is pushing for progress!
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
more like you got in a sticky spot and need a quick tug, or lord forbid something break down and a flatbed tow truck has to haul you up onto it. (I have seen a kit to make tow/recovery hooks for the Non Trailhawk) but that is not necessarily in the cards right now. (I don't want to mess up the warranty and well don't have the time/funds to deal with sending it to a shop to have the work done)

·
Yes, This MK Goes Off-Road
1,317 Posts
If you've got a tow hitch that can be used in a pinch. Tow truck operators generally know how to hook up properly (I've had non-Jeeps towed before). A far as the tow hooks, I installed the OEM hooks on my Patriot myself and it wasn't that bad. The tricky part was cutting the holes in the bumper cover. That shouldn't void any warranty since you aren't touching any powertrain or electricals.

·
Is pushing for progress!
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've yet to see any factory set up, one of the Jeep vendors on the Cherokee forum I'm a part of sells some, you just have to cut out part of the mesh insert below the bumper

·
Super Moderator
37,264 Posts
You don't generally need tow hooks on the front of a vehicle to get it onto a flatbed. Why? Because the tow hooks in the bumper are for when the Jeep is sunk in mud/sand/etc. and you can't easily get to the underbody for a safe hook up point. Or for when you're doing more than just moving a disabled vehicle.

Reactions: Matthew

·
Is pushing for progress!
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You don't generally need tow hooks on the front of a vehicle to get it onto a flatbed. Why? Because the tow hooks in the bumper are for when the Jeep is sunk in mud/sand/etc. and you can't easily get to the underbody for a safe hook up point. Or for when you're doing more than just moving a disabled vehicle.
I am just trying to figure out where on the underbody is safe to hook up to. Most of it is covered by plastic. and I can't seem to find information on that.

·
Super Moderator
37,264 Posts
I am just trying to figure out where on the underbody is safe to hook up to. Most of it is covered by plastic. and I can't seem to find information on that.
The tow truck driver will know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts