Allpar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an 86 Lebaron wagon and when the front driver's side window is raised, the glass keeps sliding around to the outside of the felt channel in the door frame. There's a lot of play in the window, especially when it's lowered and I think this is due to wear on this white bushing that's worn out on the metal track (near the latch side of the door). Anyone know where I can find a part number for this piece? Also, I'll need the black plastic channel in the front of the door (on the hinge side) that holds the felt channel in. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone know what the part number is for the plastic/rubber strip as described on this Allpar page: http://www.allpar.com/eek/repairs.html

"Power windows (Dan McGuire): If the window has problems going up and down or falls into the door, you need to replace the rubber/plastic strip; it’s available at the dealer and costs around $30. It only takes about twenty minutes to put it in. Take off the door panel, unbolt the end of the broken strip from the window and run it past the end of the track. Take the broken bits and use them as a guide to cut the new strip to the right length, then feed the new strip onto the track, bolt it to the window and put the door panel back on."

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Seriously doubt that you're going to be able to get that at any dealer. I would suggest getting in contact with ImperalCrown, I believe he has a dealership connection and can usually get OEM part numbers. You could also try your local dealer, but this is a mixed bag. I called one of our local dealers on a whim-- they've turned out to be hacks in the past, I should note-- for part numbers on a Spirit part, and was asked "what the [blank] are you still driving that for?" and told that I was a waste of time. There are good dealers out there, you might get lucky, but you might not.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can get the regulator tape at you local Autozone/Carquest/Advanced Auto. I just replaced the drivers front and rear drivers side door on my Lebaron GTS. FYI be very careful when installing and measuring, the plastic breaks easily. The number is 74413 which is a Dorman/Help product and is around $15.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. The front door actually doesn't use that tape...it uses a geared motor to move the window up and down this vertically positioned bar. I think the rear doors may have the tape style regulator though. I have had the door panel off and can't figure out what that original post is referring to, unless he is talking about the rubber channel run that the glass slides in. Other than that, I am not really sure. Don't see anything obvious in the parts manual. Thanks B10 for the tip on the dealers - I know what you mean. Was actually going to try searching for the part online first, but I don't know what to look for. I have another older car, which needed a part only obtainable through a dealer. When I gave them the vin number, they said that the car doesn't exist and the vin is invalid. Told them to go outside and have a look, as this car brought me to your dealership.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Seems to me too that he's talking about the weatherstripping. Some of the older articles on here are a bit vague.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I had a problem with our 94 Camry window popping out (rear corner towards outside), but it occurred about 3" from the top. Roll back down and it was ok. Back up... Same issue. Design uses wire cables...Window was tight , not loose. Replaced the regulator 2x same issue. Fix was real simple.. Had to lube the window channel. I used silicone with Teflon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts