Allpar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
King
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of replacing my fuel injectors and my question is...

A) should I stay stock

or

B) Should I buy bigger ones

Name: 804 injectors $150.00
Part Number: FWD 7-0105
Description:
35# 2.4 ohm injectors. Use as a replacement or upgrade for 87-up turbo II and 88-up turbo I applications. Price is for a set of 4.

The rest of my engine is stock. I dont race. (too much)
Just want to have the car running like new.

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
What will it buy you? It will either run richer than intended, or the computer will scale back on its performance so it won't run too rich.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Unless you plan on pushing higher boost numbers down the road, then stock it is.

·
Part Connoisseur
2,431 Posts
There is a possibility that you have the 34.85 lbs/hr injector in your car already. There was a mid year change in 88 from the 27 lbs/hr injector to the 34.85 lbs/hr injector. So buying the 804 injector may net you nothing.

·
King
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a possibility that you have the 34.85 lbs/hr injector in your car already. There was a mid year change in 88 from the 27 lbs/hr injector to the 34.85 lbs/hr injector. So buying the 804 injector may net you nothing.
Is there part numbers I should be looking for? or looking out for?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Turbo database section 40 has the part numbers and flow ratings
http://thedodgegarage.com/

Part numbers are found on the side of the top plastic on the injector.

There is a possibility that you have the 34.85 lbs/hr injector in your car already. There was a mid year change in 88 from the 27 lbs/hr injector to the 34.85 lbs/hr injector.

If he were to switch injectors then he would also need a different computer or custom cal - correct?

·
Part Connoisseur
2,431 Posts
If he were to switch injectors then he would also need a different computer or custom cal - correct?
Not necessarily. An adjustable fuel pressure regulator can be used in lieu of custom computer. The factory computer will also run the injectors too, albiet very rich.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I ran the +20's in my 91 Spirit Turbo I and used an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and dialed down the fuel pressure. I was running the factory computer and it ran the car just fine.

·
King
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok first I will check the part numbers on the ones I have.
I have 3 sets.
Then I will stay stock.

My plan is to get it to run factory fresh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts