Allpar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be replacing the fuel lines on my Acclaim and I wanted some opinions. I have been thinking about running nylon lines from front to back. This sure would be a time saver. It would beat the heck out of bending metal lines.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I had the same problem a few years ago. I used rubber hose and clamps designed for fuel injection systems. I believe the SAE number was 30r6. Others, please correct me if I am wrong. I replaced the entire length, both the 5/16 high pressure and the 1/4 inch return lines. The return can be regular gas hose.

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
Wrong.

Nylon won't hold under the pressure and chemical exposure. If the steel line needs replacing, replace it with steel. Use a tubing bender ($5) and a flaring kit.

Fuel injection hose must be rated SAE 30R9. Do NOT use 30R6 or 30R7, they are not rated high enough for the fuel pressure that the system will see. Use fuel injection (solid band) clamps.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Super Moderator
31,989 Posts
Notice that when you click on "Specifications", there are none given. 30R9 hose is good to 150 psi. NAPA also carries marine fuel injection hose, 100R6, which has a burst rating of 400 psi. That's what I use. You can try nylon, but I prefer not to do a job twice. Steel won't abrade through or degrade with heat like nylon will.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts