Allpar Forums banner

Fuel Line Sizes?

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Bob Lincoln 
#1 ·
Memory is a little foggy on the fuel line sizes for the 88 Daytona Shelby Z. I seem to remember 3/8? and smaller (1/4?) for the return?? That correct???

#2 ·
IIRC, they are 5/16 and 3/8 but it's been a while since I did anything with the fuel line. The lined hoses that I bought had a 309 and 306 number but again, that's from memory and my memory's not as good as it should be. :)

#3 ·
Supply is 5/16" I.D. and return and vapor lines are both 1/4" I.D. Be sure to use SAE rating of 30R9 or 100R6 for all hoses. 30R6 and 30R7 are common offerings, but are inadequate for fuel injection pressures. And use band clamps instead of the 'ladder' type of worm-roller clamps, as they won't cut into the hose as much.

#5 ·
Bob Lincoln said:
Be sure to use SAE rating of 30R9 or 100R6 for all hoses. 30R6 and 30R7 are common offerings, but are inadequate for fuel injection pressures.
BIIIIG +1 on that, had a 30R7 spring a leak on me, small split in the hose, was spraying all over the engine bay. Would have burned the whole car down if it would ignited, it was a fine spray that was everywhere. Just plain dumb luck it go up in flames.

#6 ·
Try explaing the 30r9 to an ase parts tech at autozone. They are clueless. Every time i need fuel lines i take em back and cut my own line from their rolls and give the same lesson u stated above Bob L. Lol.. just did it this past weekend again..

#7 ·
That's why I buy it at NAPA now. My local store only stocks marine-grade 100R6, I think it is, to reduce inventory types. It has a 400 or 450 psi burst rating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.