Allpar Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm potentially doing some work on a crank-no-start 2.2L Reliant that isn't getting fuel to the carb. I'm told it also had starting problems on hot summer days, which my research tells me is related to the mechanical fuel pump. So I figured I'd kill two birds simultaneously by replacing the inline filter(s) and converting the pump to electric. However, I've scoured the internet trying to find instructions or parts related to the common procedure (so I'm told) of converting the mechanical fuel pump to electric,but I've found nothing. One friend said he had in the past attached a low pressure pump in a housing to the frame and then wired it up. It seems like there should be more to it, and what are my options if I want to use an in-tank pump: do I have to replace the tank?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought I'd get an e-mail when someone replied, sorry I didn't follow up sooner. Bob, I'll make sure to test the pump before doing the work, I just wanted to feel out the most thorough scenario so it's not stuck in my garage while I search for information. One more question, valiant67, how much time does that pump conversion take?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.