Allpar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I parked my 2.5L tbi Daytona 8 days ago, running fine, no problems. Pulled the battery from it for another car. Reinstalled battery today, and a no start condition occurs.

Car runs on fuel poured into TB, but then dies. Half a tank of fuel in the tank. I also am not hearing the fuel pump kick on when I turn the key on, however, after attemtpting a start and releasing the key, I do hear the fuel pump for 2-3 seconds.

I swapped the ASD relay for the fan relay, and still no good. Certainly looks like another fuel pump (this will be the third one in 3 years). The two I have bought for it have been el cheapo internet specials.

Thoughts? Between this issue, the hurricane that is headed this way, and a septic tank problem, today has been challenging...

·
Super Moderator
31,983 Posts
It's possible that the pump failed again. Can you unhook the fuel line at the filter and verify if the pump is working?

I use the expensive pumps because so many have had failures. I put a Bosch in the 84 Daytona, $186 from RockAuto.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
If you're getting them at Autozone, then they're probably crapping out on you, Russ. I know what you mean. I have multiple plumbing problems under my house and am going to have to try to find a plumber to come fix them tomorrow. I'm not able to get across the flexible duct work any more. I had a buddy that's sick come out and go under the house and he told me there's a rotted floor joist under my half bath because it looks like the toilet seal is leaking, there's a pin hole leak in a water line and I've got a big leak on the hot water line going to the main bathroom. I guess I'm going to have to take the palty sum I've been offered in my lawsuit just so I can get the plumbing fixed. Man, I hate being diasbled.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good news, I got the car going. fuel pump, filter are all ok. I checked codes and got one related to the TB temp sensor and I discoverd the connector to it had come slightly undone. I fixed the metal wire clip better this time, reattached it and all is good.

thanks for the responses, and hang in there Chuzz.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Glad to hear it was a simple fix, Russ. I got one leak fixed myself. The hot water line leak was a cracked brass coupler and I fixed that one myself for about five bucks. Plumber had to replace about ten feet of copper water supply line under the house and only charged me $105. Man, I'm happy to have that all done so cheaply. I was thinking it was going to cost me around five hundred easily. Back in business!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts