Allpar Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 71 plymouth duster with a 225cc engine and my fuel pump is not working. I am having a hard time finding the correct one online. This is the original pump and it has a added line that connects to the carburetor, I believe it is a vent line. Does anyone know where I can find one or could I just go with a pump that doesn't have the 3rd line?
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
24,506 Posts
The car is equipped with the E.C.S. (evaporative control system). The original Mopar # is 3420834.
Shipping box Household hardware Wood Gas Tool

Font Screenshot Parallel Number Rectangle

Reactions: ryanvd79

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 3.6 Crew
7,180 Posts
That is interesting, carb vented to the crankcase. Vent line has nothing to do with pumping the gas. Only controlling carb fumes by routing them into the crankcase and them through the PCV valve. Could actually add to crankcase dilution. Running through a charcoal canister would make sense as that is what a later design did.

·
Super Moderator
33,728 Posts
Always make sure the pump's arm goes in properly. If it doesn't, you can break a camshaft.

Reactions: ryanvd79

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now I have another question. When I was taking off the fuel lines I rounded the hard metal fitting. Is there a place that I can get a new metal fuel line that runs from the fuel pump to the fuel filter?

·
Super Moderator
1966 Crown Coupe, 2016 200 S AWD, 1962 Lark Daytona V8.
24,506 Posts
Your best bet is a new piece of line. Trim & bend as necessary. 5/16" tubing?

Wood Font Rectangle Screenshot Tool

·
Super Moderator
40,841 Posts
I believe Fine Lines or Right Stuff does reproduce some fuel lines. They may have a new piece for your application.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts