Allpar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Well they should, they're really amazing bargains for what they offer in terms of luxury, sportiness, safety, and features.

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
That, and they have had quite a few years to get it right, right?

·
Registered
3,780 Posts

·
Super Moderator
735 Posts
i dont know about the whole cheap door panels, i definately feel that the my 11 ram sport had a way better material, but my 12 300 limited feels awesome.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Mr.Source said:
I always said, those door panels are made of cheap plastic, we need much better materials, some members here hated me because I wrote about those ugly cheap door panels
It is amazing to me that all of the full size car reviewers pick the 300S over other 300 trim lines and then they complain about how dark and drab the interior is. The dash on my 2013 300C appears of high quality in look and feel even though it may be just "rubber" as they put it. The Impala's steering wheel looks like it was uprooted right from the 2010 Mercedes S class.

http://www.netcarshow.com/mercedes-benz/2010-s-class/1024x768/wallpaper_1d.htm

http://www.netcarshow.com/chevrolet/2014-impala/1024x768/wallpaper_17.htm

·
Registered
16 Posts
The 200 always appeared to me to have a better quality door overall. The materials may be less, but it felt more cohesive and more as a single unit. As a contrast, the 2008-2010 minivans had that weird mish mash of parts look and feel.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I had a 2012 Avenger R/T V6 for 2 years with zero issues and it had the 2 tone leather seats that everyone raved about. Seems the auto wags complain about Chrysler interiors and CR is no. 1 doing that.

But the other day I had a ride in a 2012 Nissan Altima that was loaded. The dash was a complete hack job with the instrument "pod" looking like it was just dropped on as a after thought with a large gap around the pod. If any Chrysler product looked like this the negative comments would rise to heaven ! BUT ............ CR always gives the Asian vehicle a pass, WHY ? Anyone ?

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Great article.

Some misleading comments, but whatever.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
I just rented both an Avalon and Impala a few weeks ago and recently a 300C Hemi.
I'd say that review is pretty spot on, but I still prefer the 300 to the Impala.
The Impala still has the FWD driving dynamics that get old real fast if you're one who likes to push the vehicle once in a while around turns.

Also I didn't think it was any quieter nor did I think it rode better than the 300.
The Interior is nice and the one thing I don't like in the 300 is the dash material pattern...the material pattern used in the new JGC is perfect and they should put that into the 300/Charger.

Avalon was a huge disappointment due to its overly firm ride...and it also has higher road/wind noise levels than the current 300/Impala.
Also the Avalon has glare issues with the dash chrome trim surrounds, a low def audio screen which easily washes out in sunlight, and a severe sloped rear window that limits visibility...especially if it rains.

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
No need to read it. The Chryslers came in last, right. Right. They gave the win to an Asian company, right. Right. Blah, blah, blah.

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
dakrt99 said:
No need to read it. The Chryslers came in last, right. Right. They gave the win to an Asian company, right. Right. Blah, blah, blah.
Nope.

·
Premium Member
20,074 Posts
Put it this way: Chrysler almost came in first.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Mr.Source said:
I always said, those door panels are made of cheap plastic, we need much better materials, some members here hated me because I wrote about those ugly cheap door panels
I know that I disagreed with your comments that all those door panels creaked or squeaked or something to that effect, but I certainly feel no dislike towards you for a difference of opinion. (I don't find the panels anywhere near class leading in appearance either)

But I did feel some dislike towards you when you questioned if I was really a Chrysler employee at all, just because I had not encountered the noise issue you spoke of. (and still have not)

And I was not too crazy about you inferring that our workforce was not doing a good job. I know for a fact that our workforce can be matched against any in the corporation for quality, Many quality issues on any vehicle are not the fault of the people assembling them and you are very well aware of that.

So no "hatred" from up here at Brampton.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Would be interesting to hear if the thought is that quality is "only" going up or if there are areas where for example due to weight savings quality is going down. For example, I noticed that the aluminum hood of the Challenger or Dart can easily get dented if one isn't careful. Sometimes when an older car feels like a "brick" that isn't always a bad thing...

·
Active Jeeper
31,138 Posts
LXbuilder said:
I know that I disagreed with your comments that all those door panels creaked or squeaked or something to that effect, but I certainly feel no dislike towards you for a difference of opinion. (I don't find the panels anywhere near class leading in appearance either)

But I did feel some dislike towards you when you questioned if I was really a Chrysler employee at all, just because I had not encountered the noise issue you spoke of. (and still have not)
And I was not too crazy about you inferring that our workforce was not doing a good job. I know for a fact that our workforce can be matched against any in the corporation for quality, Many quality issues on any vehicle are not the fault of the people assembling them and you are very well aware of that.

So no "hatred" from up here at Brampton.
Well said.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts