Allpar Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 2002 Limited Trim PT Cruiser for its annual emissions check. Mechanic reported the battery died twice. They replace it under warranty, but it was also dead when I went to pick up the car.

I traced the drain on the battery to fuse 13 "Radio". But here is the confusing part: when I pull the 10A fuse the radio still works, but the power locks don't. There is a 20A fuse (#3) labeled RKE DR LKS. Pulling that fuse doesn't seem to have any effect.

My only idea about the power door drain locks is that I replaced the power window mechanism in the passenger side door about a year ago. We wouldn't have had a dead battery because we drove the car every day until we took it to the mechanic.

Any tips on fixing the power door lock drain, or ideas on why its connected to the "radio" fuse?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those diagrams are very helpful. Where can I find more of them. I confirmed that the battery does not drain when I pull fuse 13 from Junction/fuse block.

I also confirmed that fuse 13 controls the lights, power side mirror switches, vanity lights, dome light etc.

All of these lights and the instrument cluster turn off within 30 seconds of closing the doors.

What I don't see in the diagram is where the power locks get involved with this circuit.

I'm going to put the fuse 13 back in and pull the fog light fuse [8]out ( turns out we do have them) to rule that out just in case.

The fuse 13 had a .057 Amp (milliamp?) Draw which dropped to .004 when pulled. So thats where I've been focusing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts